3D halo 5 SMG print ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

mblackwell1002

Sr Member
hi, guys I've been thinking a lot about free, print-ready and accurate models and wishing there were more. well, the only ones I can find are CarterBuilder12's and not many others. so, I went out and designed these from scratch for you guys. try to keep it exclusive for 405th members as I don't want anyone to sell these designs, but otherwise, enjoy! post some pics, please, I love to see what you've made! also, I have not finished the sight yet.. but soon it should be done! :)

added some renderings of the whole SMG
halo 5 smg cam v72.pnghalo 5 smg cam2 v72.pnghalo 5 smg cam3 v72.png
Also, It may need some sanding for part allowances, scaling to accurate size.

Attachments

• h5 smg.zip
    3 MB · Views: 359
Just took a look at the files - very nice work! I'm impressed! You're welcome to host the file HERE so that it'll be archived easier and allow members to access it, please let me know if you'd like help with doing that.

I'm also going to graduate this thread from 'New Recruits' to the '3d Modelling' section, where it belongs. Again, the work you've put in is very impressive, and I do hope that you'll stay an active part of the community. Well done!

Just took a look at the files - very nice work! I'm impressed! You're welcome to host the file HERE so that it'll be archived easier and allow members to access it, please let me know if you'd like help with doing that.

I'm also going to graduate this thread from 'New Recruits' to the '3d Modelling' section, where it belongs. Again, the work you've put in is very impressive, and I do hope that you'll stay an active part of the community. Well done!

thank you very much:) and i would love for these to go into the archives! in fact, i'd appreciate it a lot!

Oh WOW!

Ive dropped it in to my CAD. Looks VERY crisp. Looks like Ill have to plop it on the printer tonight ! Ill send pics.

Oh WOW!

Ive dropped it in to my CAD. Looks VERY crisp. Looks like Ill have to plop it on the printer tonight ! Ill send pics.

thanks!:lol yes please print it! I personally have not done so yet, BUT i have plans to...also I'll update soon with a M6H2, though not split up.;)

OK I put the lime in the coconut . the printer is doing it at 100 Microns PLA. the new machine I have is kinda wonky on ABS. I need to dial it in more.
but its a beast on PLA so at 100 Mikes it should be easy to fil and sand anyways . with 2 machines I dont mind tieing one up for long PLA's

I est 60Hours

EDIT>

Ok I just got to come out and say this. >> * Drools I am speechless *

The more I play with it in CAD the more I love it.
The detents in the front handle ! . I caught those. I am gonna put a ball in there and a sping so it will click to the angles.

The texture is just mind blowing .

This is absolutely amazing! I just dropped the model into Netfabb, and the details are incredible! Thank you for your time and effort, and for your generosity in sharing with the community. As Chernobyl stated, I do hope that you will stay an active part of the community. Thanks again!

-Matt

OK I put the lime in the coconut . the printer is doing it at 100 Microns PLA. the new machine I have is kinda wonky on ABS. I need to dial it in more.
but its a beast on PLA so at 100 Mikes it should be easy to fil and sand anyways . with 2 machines I dont mind tieing one up for long PLA's

I est 60Hours

EDIT>

Ok I just got to come out and say this. >> * Drools I am speechless *

The more I play with it in CAD the more I love it.
The detents in the front handle ! . I caught those. I am gonna put a ball in there and a sping so it will click to the angles.

The texture is just mind blowing .
Thank you and I am very glad you like it!:)

Aha! so you did catch all those details?! And 60Hours of print time!!! HOLY CRAP! my gosh, thank you! I DID try to make it very, VERY accurate and functional... the ONE thing I'm worried about is the stock; It extends but, I'm not super sure how the locking mechanism is going to work.. I dunno, give it a try.:)

- - - Updated - - -

This is absolutely amazing! I just dropped the model into Netfabb, and the details are incredible! Thank you for your time and effort, and for your generosity in sharing with the community. As Chernobyl stated, I do hope that you will stay an active part of the community. Thanks again!

-Matt

Thank you, and I appreciate it a lot:). And, I very much plan on being an active member of this truly amazing community

I has ideas.. ball detent is one of them.

My rostock had a massive failure last night. ate half a spool . so i am gonna do it on the flashforge ..... new try is at 50% and looks MUCH better.
OTOH I just got back from frys. I picked up 2 1KG spools of black ABS for 18 bucks a pop down from the normal 25 so I am a happy panda .

I has ideas.. ball detent is one of them.

My rostock had a massive failure last night. ate half a spool . so i am gonna do it on the flashforge ..... new try is at 50% and looks MUCH better.
OTOH I just got back from frys. I picked up 2 1KG spools of black ABS for 18 bucks a pop down from the normal 25 so I am a happy panda .

Less yap, more pics, man! I want to see this amazing piece of CAD engineering pulled to life by your talented hands!

that kossel print looked wrong from ground up. :( Self designed or build kit ?
The machine has skipped all over the place after 10 layers already. (???). I've build up quite some knowledge assembling these slightly freakish machines so if I can lend a hand, just let me know.

PS : flashforge output looks nice :)

EDIT: for some reason I responded to the wrong thread. Odd.

That failed print looks awful. I'll bet your heart sank seeing that in the morning.

That model is gorgeous, I'm looking forward to seeing your next masterpiece and how peterthethinker 's attempt turns out

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back