3d Model Of Mark(?) Spartan? Helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, a member here named SaintlyGecko was looking for some help with modeling/unfolding this helmet- I don't really know what it's called because I don't play halo >__> *watching for flying objects coming towards head*
So from the sketches he gave me and a picture in his thread this is what I have so far. Keep in mind this is only my second ever 3D model so it's gonna be a little rough. I'm looking for constructive criticism and/or a 3d modelor to work on it to help get this helmet up for whoever wants it!
3357492920_80544c6a43.jpg

3357459066_4b9950bee0_m.jpg

3357458954_7363694266_m.jpg

3357458842_e69c8ef24f_m.jpg

yea more high def would be cool and if you have trouble with the mouth detail look at the mark 6 cause its almost the same and again with the back of the head other than that looks good

tyty guys, ill be putting more detail in of course- jus wanna make sure i dont have anything important wrong ^__^
im also an accuracy freak so if anyone can find something, wrong even so much as moving a little piece up or down i gotta know! :)

Personally I think he should release it now as a low def size tester or just a low def model then a high def model later but that's just my opinion.

bigoz9 said:
Nice work, what software are you using?
tyty, I'm using 3D Studio Max 9

Jesmikz908 said:
Personally I think he should release it now as a low def size tester or just a low def model then a high def model later but that's just my opinion.
I'll have it posted right away as a low def pep file for ya
If you want the model itself jus gimme a pm!

LastSpartan said:
The bottom line of the jaw is not straight by the way ;)
Thank you, I'll fix that right away

UPDATE: I seem to have a virus called Hellhole.exe and I have no access to most parts of my computer at the moment. I should have everything back up and running by tonight or early tomorrow. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well wile looking at the picture i see the back of your model isnt lined up with the cap infront of themodel.
Also the cap should be a little more pointy, just drag those verticis infront of the cap a little downwards^

yea the bottom should be lined up and the jaw area should be more smooth kinda rounded with the indents like the current master chief mark 6 helmet

rundown said:
Well wile looking at the picture i see the back of your model isnt lined up with the cap infront of themodel.
Also the cap should be a little more pointy, just drag those verticis infront of the cap a little downwards^
hm, from my understanding that was how the helmet lined up but hey you know more about halo than i do ^__^
i shall fix

box o crayons said:
yea the bottom should be lined up and the jaw area should be more smooth kinda rounded with the indents like the current master chief mark 6 helmet
yup yup, I'm going to line up the bottom as said earlier and as for the smoothing/mouth details- I plan on adding them but I wanted to make sure that the helmet was somewhat accurate before detailing ;)
tyty for feedback guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, sorry to the few people who emailed me about the low def spartan(?) helmet but im getting some error in 3DS saying "failed to open the file" or something like that
can anyone help? i just dont know what to do- all my files are getting the error and if i lose all of them im going to go insane...

Wow! Modeling that whole thing from one pic must have been difficult! Major props dude. :) I'm loving the way that thing is looking. Oh, and if you have a question about any kind of 3d anything bevbor is your man. He could probably answer your questions and then some. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back