3D Model Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForgedReclaimer

i have an idea, it seems that 3D modelers are coming out of the wood work lately and with the growing population of them it might be effective to have a sub-section for 3D modeling. this section could also be used to create tutorials for modeling. i know there are many, many, many tutorials on the net but it might benefit to have some made by local modelers that show better ways or how-to's about recreating models from games,movies,live etc, and tips on making good models for pepakura. without the modelers pepakura wouldn't exist and lots of modeling threads disappear and get pushed away in the depths of the forum by other threads not even related. i think it would be good but is it truly worth it. what do you think?

I will be the first to second that! Sounds like a wonderful idea, to have one spot in which all the 3d models are located.

Cheers, Dave.

Edit: Thanks Adam! Cheers!

Nice :D Im new to modeling and i just got my jun model done so im very happy that we will get tutorial videos from you guys :)

that will be nice to have there alot of modeler on here that post there work

EDIT: yeah making a tutorial for pep friendly models would be help full

Excellent idea,in one year it'll transform 405th into more than just a bustling communnity of prop makers to a utopia of dedicated prop makers.Bravo.

ps.date estimation when its coming up adam so we can do a big international forum launch thing.Kind of like new years.

//MJOLNIR|VIRGIL\\

It sounds like a great idea to add a 3D modeling section. I would suggest putting it in the Creation discussion part of the forum.

Off topic: Isn't the E3 2009 forum part a bit outdated by now?

I think it's a superb idea, and I'd love to contribute to the tutorial scene (405th exclusive tutorials, for that matter). I know a few threads like this have been started in the past (threads asking for such a sub-section on the forum), but SKG or someone else usually discouraged the idea. However, if Adam gives it the green light, then I'm all for it. Heck, I'll start a tutorial pretty soon (possibly "How to Model the M6C Socom", cause I'm gonna model it anyway soon)

Can't wait to see this. Hmmm ... now I wanna be the first to get a sticky in the new forum, muhahahha

Shade

I would absolutely LOVE if somebody came out with a good tutorial on how to make a model good for pepakura and how to make good unfolds. Right now I'm just building in blind, trying to guess what goes and not.

That is going to be a great addition to the forums! So in spirit of the upcoming addition, I have prepared a somewhat alright tutorial that I will release once the sub-forum/section gets added in.

This is a fantastic idea, for it'll help all of the people who want to learn 3d modeling, all of the guys who aren't sure where to post their models, and it'll be great for getting models unfolded.

Cheers!

AceHigh said:
I would absolutely LOVE if somebody came out with a good tutorial on how to make a model good for pepakura and how to make good unfolds. Right now I'm just building in blind, trying to guess what goes and not.

I've considered this heavily. I see too many unfolded models that are just too ridiculous to feasibly build out of paper or that I more or less have to re-unfold on my own to make the build process smoother and worlds easier.

It'll likely be a video tut, since it's easier to understand, I think.

Anyway, yeah, it'll be great to have a 3D section to the forums for all the new (and old) talent to congregate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am honestly excited about this. I downloaded blender a few months ago, hoping to be able to make awesome special effects for movies and stuff, but even after hours of watching youtube tutorials, and reading online guides, I'm still lost as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back