3D Modellers Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporgo

I need some advice from someone who has experience converting 2D images into a 3D render. I have multiple detailed photos of the object I wish to model available but I'm not sure what the best tools are to use for such a task.

I'm sure if you posted what 2ds you have there's bound to be a few people that may try and model it for ya.

If its fairly simple I can give it a shot.

sporgo said:
I need some advice from someone who has experience converting 2D images into a 3D render. I have multiple detailed photos of the object I wish to model available but I'm not sure what the best tools are to use for such a task.

I agree, post up some photos and people with 3d Studio Max or Maya might take on the challenge. There are techniques to take 2d into the 3d using these programs.

I'm still learning Maya but if you post a few profile and head on shots of the object I will try to render something for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing a degree in 3D modelling, and what your asking isn't as simple as it might sound i'm afraid =P

Theres no way to simply 'pull' a model from 2D to make it 3D, it would have to be created from scratch and depending on the mass of the model and the detail involved, it could take a long time.

Whats the model? I could give it a bash if you like =P

-Phi

This has nothing to do with armor building its a much different project I'm working on. I'm working out plans for a streamliner fairing and I want to build a fairing similar to the quests body style but maybe not so blunt up front. I want to have a 3D model of it but I'm not sure how to proceed.

[attachment=13346:hifront_150.JPG]

[attachment=13347:side_600.JPG]

[attachment=13348:$verhead.JPG]

Hi,

i did a model for you real quick.

Don´t know the level of detail you need.

If what you see on the Picture below is o.k. for you, then just tell

me the Format you need (.obj, .3ds ect.) and i will upload it.

Blender is a good alternative to the big commercial 3d Apps. Its a little bit

hard to learn, but once you master it, the work flow is unbelievable efficient.

The community around it is very helpful as well.

you can find it here

bob.jpg

BackBONE said:
Hi,

i did a model for you real quick.

Don´t know the level of detail you need.

If what you see on the Picture below is o.k. for you, then just tell

me the Format you need (.obj, .3ds ect.) and i will upload it.

Blender is a good alternative to the big commercial 3d Apps. Its a little bit

hard to learn, but once you master it, the work flow is unbelievable efficient.

The community around it is very helpful as well.

you can find it here

bob.jpg

Ohhey another blender user :) Welcome.

Oh btw there is a way to get a 2d blueprint into 3d. But it isnt really for organic shapes. Its made for recreating buildings. I forgot what program that had this. I'll know it tommorrow.

Oh wow that looks very nice BackBone amazing work in such a short space of time. If you want to put it up in .3ds that will work for me. Thanks so much for your help!!

sporgo said:
Oh wow that looks very nice BackBone amazing work in such a short space of time. If you want to put it up in .3ds that will work for me. Thanks so much for your help!!

Here you go. Its prety high poly thoug. 8400 Vertices. Let me work on it a bit and i reduce it while containing the detailes.

... o.k. managed to reduce it to 1900 verts

Download here.

I cant thank you enough you have really saved me a lot of work. Its likely that I will stick with a two wheel streamliner for now to simplify construction and minimize weight but this is an excellent head start. Thanks again :)

Your welcome!

What will you do with the model now?

Sounds like you build one for real.

If so, would you mind to share some information of your project.

(what materials are you using, how do you construct the whole thing and so on.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back