3D Print Assembly and How to Wear

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydrolicToaster

Hey all! I've started printing out pieces from MoeSizzlac 's Gen 3 armor but I've come to the realization that I'm not sure how I would put on some of these pieces without cutting them in half. Any suggestions?

I've so far printed the hand armor and forearms.

Perhaps you could elaborate which pieces you are thinking about, as the different parts have different solutions.

For example, it is most common for the Chest and Back to be separate pieces that attach at the shoulders and the side with parachute clips, magnets, Velcro, or snaps. The belt/Cod/Posterior section also is often split, with the connection hidden.

Most often, the biceps, forearms, thighs, and shins are all one piece. The forearms and the Shins are where some members encounter issues with them being one piece. The most common solution is for a member to simply scale them up just enough that their hand/foot can just fit through the opening but without the piece appearing over sized. The interior is then padded with a softer open cell foam to allow for the piece to remain in place.

Some members have developed some ingenious systems for the forearms and shins that allow for them to be split along seam lines and seal with magnets or Velcro, but, like I said, the most common method is to just make it big enough to fit through the smallest opening.

Perhaps you could elaborate which pieces you are thinking about, as the different parts have different solutions.

For example, it is most common for the Chest and Back to be separate pieces that attach at the shoulders and the side with parachute clips, magnets, Velcro, or snaps. The belt/Cod/Posterior section also is often split, with the connection hidden.

Most often, the biceps, forearms, thighs, and shins are all one piece. The forearms and the Shins are where some members encounter issues with them being one piece. The most common solution is for a member to simply scale them up just enough that their hand/foot can just fit through the opening but without the piece appearing over sized. The interior is then padded with a softer open cell foam to allow for the piece to remain in place.

Some members have developed some ingenious systems for the forearms and shins that allow for them to be split along seam lines and seal with magnets or Velcro, but, like I said, the most common method is to just make it big enough to fit through the smallest opening.
The arms and legs are the parts I was wondering about. Padding might be the answer. I was worried about the openings being too large after sizing them to fit my hand through but maybe it won't be so bad. I can use the parts I've printed so far for testing how I'm going to finish them.

Thanks for the great tips!

The arms and legs are the parts I was wondering about. Padding might be the answer. I was worried about the openings being too large after sizing them to fit my hand through but maybe it won't be so bad. I can use the parts I've printed so far for testing how I'm going to finish them.

Thanks for the great tips!
You'd be surprised how often this question is asked. check out post #9 here: In Desperate Need of Help (MKV)

I used foam and calf clips (think home made sock garter) to hold the shins in place and up, and the forearms, I just attached to the undersuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back