3D print Halo Reach build.

DefineLuck

I wish there was a proper way to introduce this build but there isnt. I am a Halo fanatic who has been around these forums for almost a decade and I have more props then a 30 year old man should. - Halo Reach has been one of my favorite Halos, this is the process of My Halo Reach build. *Helmet was casted by Jim Mcrea*

Attachments

zachturner009

I was wandering when you crank some more out since the helmet teaser you did on my thread, those skills, plus paint job, that is what I call skill!

DefineLuck

I was wandering when you crank some more out since the helmet teaser you did on my thread, those skills, plus paint job, that is what I call skill!
Thanks man! The painting and weathering is probably my most favorite process. There is so much knowledge that I have when it comes to it that I will include a small tutorial on how to get that legacy effects look from the live shorts. In my opinion it is the most screen accurate.

Attachments

DefineLuck

After a long 14 hour night shift, I got home and couldn’t resist to start pulling some casts from the V1 of the Reach Handplates. Very minimal clean up.

Attachments

DefineLuck

Had a package arrive from Jim McCrea this morning, couldn’t help myself but get started- and finish it! ✌

Attachments

DefineLuck

A few small updates, while I wait ENDLESSLY for this slow printer to spit out some more pieces, I painted up some shoulder plates to match the Medic Marine costume I am making on the side. I know I’m making variations from the game but I like it.

Attachments

DefineLuck

Ok so a little update because I am all over the place, I decided to paint my Mark IV suit master chief green, specifically the H2 anniversary color scheme. this is a highly modified rubies helmet. It will compliment and complete this suit.

Attachments

Last edited:

DefineLuck

After over a decade tinkering with every single type of technique used to paint and weather Halo armor, I have finally found the most realistic and time consuming method not used here on the 405th. I can finally say I am happy with the level of battle worn realism this spartan has endured. - the girl modeling one of the arms for me

Attachments

Last edited:

DefineLuck

I painted the helmet today and tried on the upper portion of the suit, it is now completely finished with lighting. I will post pics of me wearing it in its entirety soon

Attachments

DefineLuck

Um.... how many builds do you have going? They all look phenomenal!! I would also like some more info on this weathering technique. Looks amazing!!
Too many to count!! I am a firefighter here in Baltimore so lucky for me I have such an open schedule. I am slowly working on the reach suit but I really wanted the Halo 3 master chief to be ready for Halo outpost. I can say it’s 100% done and ready...I plan to have the reach suit done as well but it will depend on the 3d printer and a few parts coming from fellow prop makers

*also! Because painting is where most of my prior experience comes from, I will be getting my camera out soon here and doing a tutorial...there is SO many things I see people doing wrong that can make the biggest difference in the realism of their armor...stay tuned for it

SI3RRA 117

Too many to count!! I am a firefighter here in Baltimore so lucky for me I have such an open schedule. I am slowly working on the reach suit but I really wanted the Halo 3 master chief to be ready for Halo outpost. I can say it’s 100% done and ready...I plan to have the reach suit done as well but it will depend on the 3d printer and a few parts coming from fellow prop makers

*also! Because painting is where most of my prior experience comes from, I will be getting my camera out soon here and doing a tutorial...there is SO many things I see people doing wrong that can make the biggest difference in the realism of their armor...stay tuned for it
Look forwards to it!