3D printed H3 Mk6 armor

marscreature

New build, a friend is slowly printing and mailing me parts and sent me a spare spool of filament.. Hope to finish before November 1.
Print models created by MoeSizzlac.
I have found that using a soldering iron on 3D prints works very well for welding the pieces together, I got the idea from this video.
After putting on the shoulder pieces I realized my head is too wide to fit... going to wait for the rest of my prints before deciding to cut the weld I just did or not...

20180927_191731_resized.jpg

20180927_191826_resized.jpg

20180927_191836_resized.jpg

20180927_191848_resized.jpg

Revier

are you printing in pla or abs?

just be very careful i used a similar method of 'welding', i used the friction method it lasted about an hour of normal movement and crack. i found that the welds that werent in dead centre of the part of my body lasted due to lower stresses

marscreature

are you printing in pla or abs?

just be very careful i used a similar method of 'welding', i used the friction method it lasted about an hour of normal movement and crack. i found that the welds that werent in dead centre of the part of my body lasted due to lower stresses
Using PLA+.
Using a soldering iron gets it hot enough to melt into the print where I feel friction welding only is hot enough to melt the filament and just holds pieces more than bond them.
I also am planning on 1 or 2 layers of fiberglass on the inside to ensure the durability is there.

Kula

Im keen to see how you have progressed on your print. PLA was gonna be my first option for my torso

marscreature

Im keen to see how you have progressed on your print. PLA was gonna be my first option for my torso
Unfortunately haven't progressed at all, still waiting on the prints to be shipped to me... should be here within a week though.