3D Printed Magnum M6G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is primered, just have to pick up some more paints to get the correct feel of gun metal.
the clip has a small notch on it that is held in place with a rubber band it snaps in place when slid into the gun. you can release the clip by pressing down the trigger.

IMG_9783.JPG

print magnum.jpg.jpg

10154304_320662208092386_4830657275069915793_n.jpg

IMG_0251.JPG

question for you. My wife and I are considering getting a 3d printer next year. What one are you using any suggestions opinions?

question for you. My wife and I are considering getting a 3d printer next year. What one are you using any suggestions opinions?

I have an ultimake original love the thing, i can print up to 0.06 mm and thats the reason i got it. the bowden design might not be the best but you can make this for example
https://www.ultimaker.com/blogs/news/2014/09/03/3d-printed-ducati-1199-superbike

i got it really cheap second hand. and the thing is produced in the netherlands so support and original parts are fast to get. great options to expand with second extruder. currently converting it to a heated bed design.
You cant print ninjaflex for example because of the bowden design. but if i really wanted i could work arround that even.

I sometimes wish i had an even bigger build platform even tough 20x20x20,5 cm is pretty damn huge.

if i hadn't bought an ultimaker i would have gone for a leapfrog or a big rostock.

Still thinking about getting rostock.

Thanks for the info. I will have to dig into it deeper.

And great looking work.

painted up, probably going to blackwash the it a bit. also need to glue everything together. altough its not really necesary its mostly clicks.
Also going to add some mechanism to the slider. Dont know how people make those springloaded ones. I can think of something but it wouldnt be real fancy.
So what do you guys think?

IMG_98772.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=3539&d=1410475317.jpg

Also going to add some mechanism to the slider. Dont know how people make those springloaded ones. I can think of something but it wouldnt be real fancy.

Why not just take a spring from a toy gun with a slide? The design shouldn't be difficult at all to copy.

Never seen a toy gun with a slide before,
But the last time i had a toy guy it was A. 20 years ago, B i only had the wild west guns.
I will go to a toy shop sometime this week and look for a toy gun. Thnx for the idea!

Why not just take a spring from a toy gun with a slide? The design shouldn't be difficult at all to copy.

went shopping online and to a few toy shops.
Didnt find any with a workable slide.
Not too many guns in general here had any action at all.

Do you know of any ?

maybe you can check airsoft stuff? unless you're in australia, I think it's prohibited :/

I have already built a gun that does this, with a toy one you can buy online. I will be posting my build write-up over the weekend, keep a look out for it. :)

going to make an ODST version of my gun.
Just a simple switch of the front end. It should clip on just like the original.

Schermafbeelding+2014-09-14+om+09.45.26+AM.png

Going to make it available freely on thingiverse as a remix of the d0nator magnum, after i print it myself and make a test fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back