ADAWG99's 3D Printed Mk V Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADAWG99

Greetings 405th members. I am a new member and this thread is for when I start building my red mk 5 halo armor and magnum. I should start making my magnum tomorrow. I might start making my armor in July when I buy a new computer. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. :cool

gfs_5872_2_3.jpg

Attachments

• gfs_5872_2_3.jpg
    gfs_5872_2_3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
I hardly post comments on threads as im very busy but when i do, it gets me all pumped up some how XD Anyway, for your armour, if you're going with the Pepakura-Fibreglass method, all i can say is that TAKE YOUR TIME when cutting/gluing/assembling your pieces. This can save you a whole bunch if you're not using bondo(this is some tricky stuff) because you want your armour pieces as best you can. A clean pepakura work is equivalent to a good foundation. Hope to see some progress on this soon!

Thanks to your picture, i need to go play some Halo CE now...

Update: I had trouble taking a picture of my gun but I made a lot of progress. I needs lots of sanding though. I might start making my armor tomorrow.

Last edited:
Update: So the bondo process is messy and took away some details. I will definitely sand it more.
8mxau.jpg

Any advice on getting it smoother would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Update 7/2/14 So the bondo process is messy and took away some details. I will definitely sand it more and dremel it if I buy a dremel tool.
8mxau.jpg

Any advice on getting it smoother would be greatly appreciated
Advice for bondo is to work in small sections at a time. If you cover the whole thing, you could end up doing a lot more sanding than you need to. Bondo is there to smooth out the things that need it, even if that is the whole thing, do it bit by bit and you'll find yourself working smarter, not harder ^_^

Advice for bondo is to work in small sections at a time. If you cover the whole thing, you could end up doing a lot more sanding than you need to. Bondo is there to smooth out the things that need it, even if that is the whole thing, do it bit by bit and you'll find yourself working smarter, not harder ^_^

Thank you for the advice.

Last edited:
This looks good; it looks like you applies a lot of Bondo at once, I honestly can't tell from the pic's. I would recommend that you only use Bondo one section at a time in small thin layers, trust me it is a lot less work for the same amount of detail.. also there is less material wasted.

I mean no offence at all here, but... I hope you did a -lot- of sanding, because you've slapped that bondo on like icing sugar.

Small, THIN layers work best. Build your detail up, don't slap a huge batch on all at once and lose that detail you were working on.

I didn't finish painting it all the way but here it is.
wq2d.jpg

Sorry about the low quality pic. It's a bit fuzzy.

I mean no offence at all here, but... I hope you did a -lot- of sanding, because you've slapped that bondo on like icing sugar.

Small, THIN layers work best. Build your detail up, don't slap a huge batch on all at once and lose that detail you were working on.

You're definitely right. I ended up having to do LOTS of sanding

So I haven't quite started on my armor yet. I'm still trying to figure out how to scale the mk 5 armor properly with room for growth. Any tips on scaling this type of armor would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back