3D Printed MK VI Armor [Build WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickHunter

Hey, so Im starting my MK VI armor and wanted to try to see if I could print the whole suit. Starting with the helmet of course. Here is part 1 of 12 of the helmet printed, there's still polygon lines in the helmet but nothing a little sanding and headlight fluid cant fix :)
Part 1 of 12 Helm.jpg

Part 1 of 12 Helm1.jpg

Wait a second, how can my printer be in two places at the same time? Quantum theory was never my forte. Interesting support, I use Wanhao Cura and it doesn't give me that. BTW, who is the author of the files?

macktruck I use simplify3D but the supports are generated through MeshMixer. The support type is technically designed for resin SLA printers but I've had alot of luck getting it to work with FDM printers and really like it since its still easy to remove and cuts print time and material costs of the prints. As for the files they're the MK VI UHD and HD pdo files in the armory that I've modified and thickened for use with a printer.

So....after a week and a half of printing the helmet is all printed out. Test fit with masking tape to hold things together before welds......Seems to be too big.....gonna have to resize and print another. probably going to need to slice it somewhere and magnetize it so I can get it on my head once I resize though :(
Big Helm1.jpg
Big Helm2.jpg
Big Helm3.jpg
Big Helm4.jpg

sweet bro looks like u r making great progress and it looks quite realistic
keep at it and it will end up great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back