3D printer help

FalseShepherd

Yeah honestly after taking down to basics it came out with a very nice print. I'm only in pla bc that's what I had sitting around. The spool is basically out now and I'm gonna look at PETG moving forward. I think I got too excited with upgrades and the more stuff I added the more room for error there was inherent in the software. I am also using a glass plate. Tell me more about those "silicone bushings". I haven't heard of those but the springs honestly make me nervous and idk how well they hold.

SgtSaint

Jr Member
. Tell me more about those "silicone bushings". I haven't heard of those but the springs honestly make me nervous and idk how well they hold.

The problem with springs is they are steel. Well... Steel when heated and allowed to cool slowly loose their temper. Isn't that exactly what happens every time you print? They pull heat from the bed, heat up to around 60°c... the job completes... And they cool off slowly. Over time they will loose their "springyness".
Silicone mounts won't do that but still provide compression and push back. I put them on all dozen of my FDM printers and swear by them. Once leveled I just never need to adjust them again... like never adjust them after 3 years... Ranging from Ender3pro at 220mm to Hictop printers at 300mm to my CR10s-5 units at 500mm beds.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons: