3D Printing Issues

Spartan 0022

So I have an Ender 3 Max Neo, and the thing is great, but I have been having some issues that have been causing me to delay printing my helmet.

So,
Issue 1. Heat Warping.
My prints (Halo and not) have all had issues with heat warping in a way. I am printing with PLA, on the standard settings (200F Nozzle, 60F Bed) But it seems anything over 3-5 inches tall will warp, and cause a massive failure, in which it "tumbleweeds" and ruins the whole print. Nothing I seem to do works with preventing this, and my last mistake used a lot more filament then I am willing to risk again on failure. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I have seen some things about using painters tape on the bed, or sanding the bed down, but I do not want to sand it down, should I actually damage it.

And now,
Issue 2. Rafts

So this problem goes hand in hand with the heat warping, but seems to happen more frequently. With every print, even things like kit cards, I have had to use either a simple raft or raft to keep it from moving. this is incredibly annoying, and takes much more time and material. If there is an easy way so I won't have to use ANY sort of raft, I would gladly try it.

You can try gluestick or 3DLAC to increase bed adhesion. As for the raft issue, keep what from moving? Is your print coming loose from the bed without a raft?

Yeah, often will smaller things not using raft, the print would not stick without a raft. I’ll have to try a glue stick though
I'd recommend using a brim. It helps to stabilize taller prints and helps to prevent delamination from the bed. I always tend to have warping and delamination from the raft when I tried using it.

Glue stick definitely helps with bed adhesion and I back it 100%.

Best of luck to you!

So I have an Ender 3 Max Neo, and the thing is great, but I have been having some issues that have been causing me to delay printing my helmet.

So,
Issue 1. Heat Warping.
My prints (Halo and not) have all had issues with heat warping in a way. I am printing with PLA, on the standard settings (200F Nozzle, 60F Bed) But it seems anything over 3-5 inches tall will warp, and cause a massive failure, in which it "tumbleweeds" and ruins the whole print. Nothing I seem to do works with preventing this, and my last mistake used a lot more filament then I am willing to risk again on failure. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I have seen some things about using painters tape on the bed, or sanding the bed down, but I do not want to sand it down, should I actually damage it.

And now,
Issue 2. Rafts

So this problem goes hand in hand with the heat warping, but seems to happen more frequently. With every print, even things like kit cards, I have had to use either a simple raft or raft to keep it from moving. this is incredibly annoying, and takes much more time and material. If there is an easy way so I won't have to use ANY sort of raft, I would gladly try it.
i know i am late but id say with the ender 3d printers its best to put the bed at 70, nozzle at 230 and speed at 125

i know i am late but id say with the ender 3d printers its best to put the bed at 70, nozzle at 230 and speed at 125
Wow, almost a year later, thank you! I’ll have to try this, but for this post in particular my biggest issue was not leveling it right, i sorta fixed it, but i do want to try this. Thanks!

This would be highly dependent on your printing material. 230 and 70 is pretty high for normal PLA, but might be a good setting for PLA+. On the other hand those temps might be on the low side for ABS. Temperature should mostly be dictated by material and print settings, not printer manufacturer and model.

Also a speed of 125mm/s might shake a stock Ender 3 to death and give you terrible print quality with banding issues. It's possible for that speed to be good on a tuned printer with a stationary Y-axis or a more robust machine, but I have my doubts most stock Creality printers can consistently print well at those speeds.

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back