3d printing Mk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have an example of the artifacts? I can see a few small defects from ringing but on the whole these are awesome prints for the size of the parts.

I think the ringing might be due to the 65mm/sec print speed and my 100 free travel speed, going to drop both down to 55. Also printing at .3 layer height with a .6 nozzle thinking on lowering my layer height. Will post a pic of the issues in the slicer when I get home.

How much would you be selling the armour for?

Have not worked it out yet. Seen some online but they seemed crazy stupid in price. It will all depend on weather someone would be interested in straight off the printer or fully finished production. Some times post production is time consuming and drives up the price of stuff. Also I would have to talk to the model maker first to be fair.

I think the ringing might be due to the 65mm/sec print speed and my 100 free travel speed, going to drop both down to 55. Also printing at .3 layer height with a .6 nozzle thinking on lowering my layer height. Will post a pic of the issues in the slicer when I get home.
Yeah, it's not like it's bad or anything. I also go at 60mm/s print and 120mm/s travel which is awesome for busting pieces out real quick and with a braced frame the extra sanding isn't too bad since I'll be doing that cleanup anyway! I'm excited to see how your suit finishes up, everything is looking awesome even fresh off the bed.

Found an interesting way to do the helmet interior. Tore apart one of my old hard hats and I am using the lateral impact protection foam liner and the adjuster strap. Will post that this weekend as I do the test install and fitting.

1572633697695.png
1572633791868.png

Have not worked it out yet. Seen some online but they seemed crazy stupid in price. It will all depend on weather someone would be interested in straight off the printer or fully finished production. Some times post production is time consuming and drives up the price of stuff. Also I would have to talk to the model maker first to be fair.
Say I wanted it fresh off the printer so I could sand and paint?

Sorry been busy with a few other things. Life got in the way of my spare time. Once I get the chest figured out it would be about $800 plus shipping for straight off the printer. That's custom printed to your body dimensions, I have a chart to be filled out for sizing. Willing to do it in pieces. Will have to work on a breakdown of pieces.

Dang! My print bed is 200x250x200. It'd be so much easier if I had that extra 150mm! I'm having to split my chest into 22 different pieces...

View attachment 282210
The 300x300x400 Tornado/CR-10/Sidewinder X1 is a real nice to have. The one good side of the 200x200 bed is that there's plenty of pre-split models since that seems to be a fairly standard size printer that folks are rocking.

The 300x300x400 Tornado/CR-10/Sidewinder X1 is a real nice to have. The one good side of the 200x200 bed is that there's plenty of pre-split models since that seems to be a fairly standard size printer that folks are rocking.

Yeah, but then I have to upscale it because I'm 6'2", which makes it not fit anymore. Then I gatta split that part in half again to make it fit. Such a pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back