3d printing Mk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankV

Started my 3D print. The boots and both shins are in the picture (sorry for the crappy quality) the forearms are complete as well. Printing the right thigh right now.

Attachments

• IMG_2883.JPG
    IMG_2883.JPG
    344.1 KB · Views: 225
Work continues. Printed COD and but. Had a setback with material availability. Using Esun PLA+ Olive Green. Sized out the thighs and upper arms with different material and have the models ready to print. Decided to do the helmet next as it needs post production for lights, ventilation and visor. Printing it as one piece. Here it is 40 hours in with 40 more to go.

Attachments

• IMG_2948.JPG
    IMG_2948.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 169
I can't compete with a penguin, but I'll stick with the $5.01, king size candy bar of your choice, and a chewed up dog toy.

I forgot what we were biding on a while back.... who are you again?

88 Hours later and viola. Made a slight error in scaling and it is a little bigger than I planned (2%). This will do for Halloween. Will print another later. Anyone interested in buying a Mk VI helmet?

View attachment 279332
Nice job bro, love seeing people 1 shot helmets. If you run into any probs 3d printing this suit, or have game accuracy questions message me

I can print everything in one piece except the torso. I am trying to break into logical pieces. My print area is 400x400x450 so i can do large pieces. Thought I had it split right but getting weird artifacts when slicing/printing.

Thinking on custom building a printer to do the torso in one shot. Wife thinks I am nuts. Would have to sell armour to make up for it though, lol

I can print everything in one piece except the torso. I am trying to break into logical pieces. My print area is 400x400x450 so i can do large pieces. Thought I had it split right but getting weird artifacts when slicing/printing.

Thinking on custom building a printer to do the torso in one shot. Wife thinks I am nuts. Would have to sell armour to make up for it though, lol
How much would you be selling the armour for?

Do you have an example of the artifacts? I can see a few small defects from ringing but on the whole these are awesome prints for the size of the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back