4 player co-op confirmed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grenades said:
The Bungie forums have exploded over the playable characters being MC and 3 Elites. Any thoughts?

I really think that is the biggest piece of info they are going to let out, I don't think they will say any more at this point, but I could be wrong. I'm willing to bet, that they will randomize so that people don't fight over playing as the Master Chief or whatever. But I can't wait for Halo 3! :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had mine paid for months ago. Kinda ticked me off for the extra $60 for the Legendary editions and extra trip to gamestop but oh well. I'll use the helmet for reference later. As for the four player co-op I'm already getting "If we play I get to be MC". I don't care that much about which character I play but I do care about starting weapon. The carbine was way too powerful in the Beta. MC may end up being the last man picked if that wasn't resolved.

Sean Bradley said:
Do you guys know what this means? ***SPOILER ALERT!!!!***

Multiple storylines... maybe multiple endings :mrgreen:

If we see N'tho and Usze only during online play, wouldn't that mess up the cinematics? During campaign, there will be missions where the Arbiter is fighting alongside you... now theres option for 1-4 people to be involved depending on the size of your 'team' online.

When you play offline, these two new Elites wouldn't be involved in the story at all.. how could that exist with one fixed plot?

It would seem odd if they were only around if you played online.
And it'd seem even more odd if they weren't mentioned in any cinematics.

What Luke Smith said in his announcement:
We mentioned that we’ve been having a blast. We have a lot of stories. Many of them would require that we explain some of the reasons replay will be a big factor, but not quite yet. Soon, we promise.

I smell branching plotlines based on gameplay! :hyper:

Hey, maybe now they'll be giving you more robust, more intelligent, "bots" as backup if you go Solo that are taken over by people for Multiplayer.

I suggested the ODST too and got shot down by the bungie ninjas. He said they are too short, not enough armor and something about his weapon? As if he couldn't be upgraded? Grunts have active camo and shields now too.

I think there's something in OXM about there being more Spartans than just the MC in Singleplayer/(Linked/Online) Co-Op, but nothing AFAIK about them being playable....

Also, they'd have to have started working on having 'Rines/ODST as PCs at the start of Halo 3. It's not as simple as just re-scaling the models and re-positioning the viewpoint, nor would it be like just plucking the ODST/Marine model from the game and slapping a viewpoint in it.

Sean Bradley said:
Bungies got their explanation up: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?ty...=thesoundofsack

For fictional reasons, we decided to avoid Halo’s slightly surreal compromise of two identical Master Chiefs and rather, use this opportunity to expand the Halo universe just a little bit. Player one will control the Master Chief, player two will control the Arbiter and players three and four will get the chance to control two brand new Elite characters.

4pFTW.jpg

PLAYER 3 (Sangheili)

Allow us to introduce them:

Name: N’tho ‘Sraom
Affiliation: Fleet of Retribution/Special Warfare Group/Special Operations
History: N’tho ‘Sraom is the youngest member of his Special Operations unit and is one of a growing number of human sympathizers amongst the Sangheili youth. He is a fairly typical young male adult Sangheili—he began compulsory military service at the end of adolescence, and remains unmarried with no close, non-familial relationships outside of his martial order. N’tho Sraom refused to stand idly by while the Prophets replaced Sangheili units with Jiralhanae packs, and now bears deep resentment toward those Sangheili politicians who landed his kind in their current predicament.

Although N’tho ‘Sraom’s romanticized nationalism is emblematic of all Sangheili, he has developed a healthy respect for humanity—not for their physical abilities or martial prowess, but for their audacity and resolve.

PLAYER 4 (Sangheili)

Name: Usze ‘Taham
Affiliation: Fleet of Retribution/Special Warfare Group/Fleet Security
History: Although Usze ‘Taham was born into a respected merchant family he was fathered by Toha ‘Sumai—one of the preeminent swordfighters of this age. Usze graduated with honors from the top War College in the Iruiru region of Yermo, Sanghelios (a distinction he shares with Rtas 'Vadum). Shortly after receiving his first post within the Covenant Navy he was offered a place on the Prophets’ Honor Guard but he declined citing “lack of practical experience”. In truth, he had no desire to be part of a largely ceremonial unit, and at the end of his third combat tour, Usze ‘Taham again refused the post—even though his superiors warned him such behavior could be misinterpreted as apostasy.

Since that time Usze has evaded countless punitive actions, at least two assassination attempts, and served with distinction for two additional tours before the Schism. Following the dissolution of the Covenant, he was approached by the Ascetics to become one of their liaisons within the Navy.

Every player will have identical abilities – only their appearance and weapon starts are different (Elites will start with Carbines versus Battle Rifles for example, depending on the mission). So there you have it. Mystery solved. Internet dramas ended. Four player online co-op it is. And a special thanks to the test, engineering, production and design teams who worked incredibly hard to make this feature happen.

idk those elites look pretty badasss :mrgreen:

Has anyone heard news on up to four player offline coop? also, I like the idea of having the new models, I think that when playing solo the elites will just be computer players. Has anyone thought of maybe drop in drop out coop? That would be awesome too. :drool:

no bungie already said in the podcast that the 2 other elites will not be seen in single player mode. although they have developed characters, they will not be seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back