405th at the San Diego Comic Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you guys see the pics of costumes on yahoo yesterday, most of them suck but the awesomeness of the 405th is on there too

Edit: Fixed the credit on some of the files.

Most of them I snagged from the official thread.

THe Majority are pieces by rundown, unless otherwise noted.

The shoulder peice is the simplified version edited by Box O Crayons

The Jun helmet is from the Darkness folks. I ended up using it as a base for a sculpt. The attachment is slightly off...,but it's easy to modify the pep after you print it to fit properly.

The handplate is by Ruze789

The forearm started off as one of Rhinocs, but I felt it was slightly off so I ended up sawing off just the top part and sculpting them. If I have time I will resculpt them and remold them so they're more symmetrical/smooth and offer them up for people since while the pep models available are slowly improving I still haven't seen any that I'm truly happy with. Some casts of these are available in the classifieds.

The Cod piece is mostly from Rhinoc, with some pieces of rundowns put in to make it angle downward in the front half.

The thigh is also by Rhinoc.

Hope that helps!

Sorry I haven't really documented any of my builds lately to help people out. Making videos/photo thigns takes a while and I've been under time constraints. I will eventualyl sit down and go over all my Jun pieces, my overhaul of my ODST, show off the BlueRealm suit I got from Adam, and also hopefully my next project as well.

Most of them I snagged from the official thread.

THe Majority are pieces by rundown, unless otherwise noted.

The shoulder peice is the simplified version edited by Box O Crayons

The Jun helmet is from the Darkness folks. I ended up using it as a base for a sculpt. The attachment is slightly off...,but it's easy to modify the pep after you print it to fit properly.

The handplate is by Ruze789

The forearm started off as one of Rhinocs, but I felt it was slightly off so I ended up sawing off just the top part and sculpting them. If I have time I will resculpt them and remold them so they're more symmetrical/smooth and offer them up for people since while the pep models available are slowly improving I still haven't seen any that I'm truly happy with. Some casts of these are available in the classifieds.

The Cod piece is mostly from Zero202, with some pieces of rundowns put in to make it angle downward in the front half.

The thigh is also by Zero202

Hope that helps!

Sorry I haven't really documented any of my builds lately to help people out. Making videos/photo thigns takes a while and I've been under time constraints. I will eventualyl sit down and go over all my Jun pieces, my overhaul of my ODST, show off the BlueRealm suit I got from Adam, and also hopefully my next project as well.
Ummmmmm... Zero2o2 didnt make any Reach files... those were unfolds of my files.

Oh woops, sorry Rhinoc. I'm just reading off the file names. >.< My mistake. I'll edit the post to reflect it correctly.

i so can not wait till i will be home next year to go i help bust my a$$ on the wifes armor its my turn to have a bit of fun.

Dancing spartans is the sexiest thing ever. LMAO oh and by the way who is the guy in the shiny reach armor (7:47) next to cortana? His paint job looks pretty sick.

Not sure who it is. Roodkill knew them though. I do know his suit is an NAS suit though.

Sooner or later I swear we will match or surpass the popularity of the 501st, especially with Dancing Spartans, FTW!

Photos up on Waypoint. Man, I horribly overexposed all the shots. Next time someone needs to come out and photograph for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back