405th Mentor Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

As I have noticed the people who are new that have been joining have posted a lot of irrelevant topics when there was a sticky or a topic that could have already answered thier question. What I am proposing is a 405th Mentership program where long time veterans would have a new member that they can help with solving problems, helping with costume related subjects, etc., etc. this is similar to programs like the Big Brothers/Big Sisters except this is costuming related. The only thing I am looking for are veterans that wish to help other members of the community, this topic will have the veteran name and new member assigned to next to the name, the veteran can either pick out a person or have me pick out a new member for them to be of help to, this would only be until that person becomes a veteran themselves. So far for a while now I've been advising Diaryboy with helping him with his costume and giving advice on how to help him, the best way for it to work between you and a new member is to share contact information via e-mail or via messenger, this way you can help a member without clouding the forums up with useless topics.

Veteran/New Member
Nintendude/Diaryboy
Bobbio555/Ownemesis
Seaninja/Ragecage117
AlexSpartan117/ShadoKat
A_Guardian/Insert.Username.Here
RPFNoodle/Master Shadow
GarzakAzur/Pat
MKShane81/EyeShield671
Goosebot 5000/Road Kill
Xtreme Tactics 101/LMNOSpartan
Lunar Lord/St Warhammer
Misfitjh/trebek
TH3 FETT MAN/RedWolf
ACDCrockr209/I Am Fuzzy Bear
MikyVengeance/Loxton117
Rhinoc/Sabre
Dark Fang/Balistek
B1ahh/SCHUTZSTAFFELXx
RVB18/Scrub
Neoproks/SteadieEddie
DYSTORTED INC/ChrisD424
Brandon McClain/Fiftybellow
Privateer/Shin087
Wildmoonflower/Cirkob5477
Nate98/jag818
Deadalus Thorn/Jester1014
MCHammertime/Terrag Shugo
Tactonyx/Red-109
TMCCarty23/Mrpinski
AI Blue Fox/Ravenwolf
StevePerv/

I'll add you both as Veterans to the list. If you have a choice of a New Member you wish to mentor please let me know.

This sounds great. I'm up for it, although my knowledge is limited to scratch building so I'm not sure how much I can be of help.

As a new guy to the 405th, the idea sounds great. It'd be nice to have someone around to give some advice when it's needed.

Ownemesis I have assigned Bobbio555 as your mentor, this is for if you need help with something costuming related, Bobbio should be able to help you out I have sent them a e-mail via the 405th system to let them know you are thier "student" to help with costuming questions. As for the other people which are veterans unless more new members come in saying they need help with costuming, I will go into the new member forum and see if I can find a person to match each of the veterans with probably around Saturday, you can also see if a new member would like to have a mentor by getting in contact with them and asking if they say yes let me know and I will edit my OP.

I'm a new member give me a big brother/sister they have to be cool though....umm email kyller0390@yahoo.com and gt LightningBen211 need to be talkable to though and I don't make armour so no help in that department

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm on board for it Nintendude. I don't have anyone specific, so please feel free to assign one. Now I have to ask, because it has been seen across the forums. Are there any stipulations in place for new members that become extremely pushy with said mentors? There have been a couple of threads where regardless of the help suggested, the new members just won't accept the help offered. Just a thought.

Sorry for the slightly negative direction there, I think this is a very good idea overall.

-Matt

I've gotten you both added, and Ragecage117 I have made Seaninja your mentor. In the case that a new member that is being mentored by a veteran becomes disrespectful, pushy, harassing, threatening towards thier mentor the person in question will be warned by me first, if it continues then they will be removed from the mentor program. If the new member no longer wishes to be involved they can contact me by e-mailing me through my profile that way I can find a new person for the mentor to teach and vice-versa. This is being done as a way to keep the irrelevant topics in the New Member forum to a minimum, for the new members to also learn the ways of the forum with a person who has learned themselves, and quite possibly a way to make new friends in the process.

I've gotten you both added, and Ragecage117 I have made Seaninja your mentor. In the case that a new member that is being mentored by a veteran becomes disrespectful, pushy, harassing, threatening towards thier mentor the person in question will be warned by me first, if it continues then they will be removed from the mentor program. If the new member no longer wishes to be involved they can contact me by e-mailing me through my profile that way I can find a new person for the mentor to teach and vice-versa. This is being done as a way to keep the irrelevant topics in the New Member forum to a minimum, for the new members to also learn the ways of the forum with a person who has learned themselves, and quite possibly a way to make new friends in the process.
Thank you!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back