"405th Outpost" Booths

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPRTNBD50

Ever thought of setting up booths at Conventions advertising 405th, showing of some of our work and have actual Spartans standing guard. I've seen groups of 405th members in armor at conventions, E.g: Dragoncon, but they just marched their way around. Why not set up booths showing off some of out works and get members to help out. I know that in my country, there are tons of people that likes Halo and say 60% of em would like to build armor.....just don't know how. If I could save up enough money on time(December), I'll try getting red-109 to help alongside me getting the booth up.

Just an idea....what do you think?

I think thats a fantastic idea! There is a motor city comic con here in michigan , next year we'll have to get some of the michigan members and get a booth up there.

I saw a 501st facade/booth thing at planet con and thought the samething.Next year im gona try and make one for planet.Anyway if you guys come up with ideas or concept art id love to make a prototype or something.

I'm new here so sorry if this invalid, but I didn't think the 405th was an "official" costuming group, as in there's no acceptance of your costume to become a member and that's why there hasn't been a booth in the past. Like I said correct me if I'm wrong but the 501st, the Mercs, etc., you have to submit pix of your costume and pass guidelines to become official membersand only then are you allowed to man a booth, parade as a labeled member, etc.

I'm new here so sorry if this invalid, but I didn't think the 405th was an "official" costuming group, as in there's no acceptance of your costume to become a member and that's why there hasn't been a booth in the past. Like I said correct me if I'm wrong but the 501st, the Mercs, etc., you have to submit pix of your costume and pass guidelines to become official membersand only then are you allowed to man a booth, parade as a labeled member, etc.
This is a good point. It's one thing to have people dressed in Spartan costumes and quite another to claim to represent the 405th. Since there is no "405th Halo costuming group" like they have with the 501st, I suggest that you get in touch with Adam or Spase before any of you proceed with this idea.

Sorry for being a party-pooper.

I contact Spase a while back I'll be at a convention in Bentonville AR with a table for the 405th so I can get more members in here from Arkansas it's just going to be me and a couple of friends running the table, but I still have to get the banner design done for the table and get that approved by Spase. It's being worked on though at the moment. Wish I could get some Spartans from OKC and I know there are a couple members here in AR, so hoping it will be a great convention in Spetember. if any of you want to check the site out it's www.GlitchCon.com

It would be cool to see the 405th get a 'official' label lol

I'm on the fence about that. While yes, it would enable people to be "official 405th members" and parade around with the label and have a booth, the wonderful thing about not having guidelines is people can make whatever they want, at whatever quality they want, and not be told it's not good enough to be "official". While I think the Mercs found a nice balance as far as creative liberty and being an "official club", the farther along the club gets the more strict the rules get for whatever reason. Like over there, you have required armor plates and can't have camo if you want to be accepted. If you don't follow those guidelines, you won't be accepted.

While that's all well and good for keeping an official standard and ensuring that everybody that's an official member is presentable, it limits the creativity of the members and makes a lot of people scrap their original plans and ideas out of a desire to be accepted. I think that for clubs like the 501st where you're creating exact replicas of characters from movies/games/etc. it's a great thing to have strict guidelines, but for a group like the 405th with so much creative liberty I think it would just turn into a big crimp on everybody's style.

Sorry for the rant, but I really just don't think the tradeoffs are worth it. Everybody's here to have a good time and make awesome costumes, not meet a set of strict guidelines, and that's what I like about here. I love the Mercs and 501st don't get me wrong I'm on both of those forums, I joined here because I 1: love HALO armor and 2: want to make whatever I want without being told that if I want to meet the guidelines I have to change such and such.

I contact Spase a while back I'll be at a convention in Bentonville AR with a table for the 405th so I can get more members in here from Arkansas it's just going to be me and a couple of friends running the table, but I still have to get the banner design done for the table and get that approved by Spase. It's being worked on though at the moment. Wish I could get some Spartans from OKC and I know there are a couple members here in AR, so hoping it will be a great convention in Spetember. if any of you want to check the site out it's www.GlitchCon.com

Thanks for the link, and from google maps it looks like a two hour drive, and tickets aren't too high priced, hmm.

Thanks for the link, and from google maps it looks like a two hour drive, and tickets aren't too high priced, hmm.

Join me and together in Spartan suits we shall rule the con, lol. Send me a PM if you're planning to come I'm planning to get a room for the con and there will be two beds so if you want to share a room we can do that. Could always use you at the 405th Table too.

Join me and together in Spartan suits we shall rule the con, lol. Send me a PM if you're planning to come I'm planning to get a room for the con and there will be two beds so if you want to share a room we can do that. Could always use you at the 405th Table too.

Dude, that'd be so cool, I'd have to clear the room thing with my parents(Eh, I'm 17 but by the time the con starts it's only a month before my birthday), but other than that I'm so getting a ticket.

Sounds like a plan , I think this con in AR will be the first con the 405th has had a table at. At least to my knowledge. I just know I need to grab more members for Arkansas, I have a major project in mind for the future, but can't do it alone.

Well as soon as I finish my marine, I'll be willing to do something at next year's "geek" convention here in my city.

Sounds cool. Get a moderator to run it, have some guards, some demonstrators, and a 405th banner to top it off.
If i can be there i will see if i can get my MP helmet done. still modeling it,.......... its also been delayed cuz of my retro lancer model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back