40k Spacehulk Deathwing Spear of Caliban plasma cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
Long time no post for me. Got some finished pics of a huge plasma cannon that I finished a couple weeks ago and thought you might like to see them
image.jpgimage.jpgIMG_20210925_150752358_HDR.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgIMG_20210925_150956477.jpg
IMG_20210925_151019135.jpg
This was a 6 month build made of pvc foam board, 3d printed bits, cardboard tube, Eva foam, lathe spun goodies and all manner of scrounged bits. It's got led lights and sound controlled by an Ardruino board with a piggy backed amp for the 2 4" speakers under the grills in the nose. The plasma chamber pulses as do the 2 tubes on the back corner. All the skulls on the 5 cans and the body skulls light constant on. There are 3 cob LED's in the barrel that flash really friggin bright. The cannon sound comes right from the Spacehulk game. I've got more pics and a video clip of it'll let me upload it

Very nice, I lack that level of patience for sure.
Luckily enough this thing's has so many details that if I got frustrated, I worked on something else. I've also learned to be quite patient over the years. I've got projects that are boxed waiting on something particular that I haven't been able to find or havent figured out how to do for a couple years. Then all of a sudden it breaks loose

Dang dude that's intense, I love how you even got a base for the armor to stand on.
It started out innocently enough, wanting to make a round base like the miniatures. But then 1 thing led to another and after having a discussion with my buddy, lights and decking and flying butresses with stained glass windows and statues with banners and ohhh holy **** it got outta control. Whew! Anyway, if you search my posts you'll see the thread with the build if you wanna check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back