4ng31's Halo : Reach Kat Build (Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ng31

Jr Member
So I've built 2 prior Spartan armor sets (Halo 2 Mark VI & Halo Legends Daisy), but was never really satisfied with the results...I mean, they look alright and everything, but I decided to go all out on this build.

It's Kat from Reach (obviously from the trailers where she still has both arms). I did some digging in the Reach sticky for the Kat/female files and found a few, but as far as I know, no one has unfolded a lot/built them yet...so I took the liberty (correct me if I'm wrong on this). The thigh I unfolded and have mostly built, same with the helmet. I am in the middle of patterning out the chest plate that is up, but I'm not really too fond of it tbh, so I might wait a bit to see if any new/more accurate ones pop up.

Anyways, here's progress so far :

Helm
kathelm.jpg

Thigh
thighprog.jpg

If anyone wants that thigh pattern, unfolded, let me know and I'll put it up somewhere...it's the most accurate pattern I've seen yet so...

looking great! careful, i think i'm starting to see some warpage on the left (helmets right, pictures left) side of the helmet. could just be me though :)

looking great! careful, i think i'm starting to see some warpage on the left (helmets right, pictures left) side of the helmet. could just be me though :)

Actually, the right side hasn't even been put together yet...the only thing there is that side-runner, so it's just kind of flopping around as is.

Alright, here's the finished thigh piece (paper) :

thighpaperfin.jpg

Sorry for the grainy but it's too late for me to care to get proper shots of it. These are gonna require some post work, but it should be good enough to use (fit is really good as well).

Alright, here's the finished thigh piece (paper) :

thighpaperfin.jpg

Sorry for the grainy but it's too late for me to care to get proper shots of it. These are gonna require some post work, but it should be good enough to use (fit is really good as well).

keep in mind you want to have some space for your foot to be able to move. You will be crouching to be t-bagging, so you'll need some room for your thighs to move around.

So far so good! Looks like the pep is coming out clean with little or no warping! Just curious as to whose file the helm and thigh are.

So I've built 2 prior Spartan armor sets (Halo 2 Mark VI & Halo Legends Daisy), but was never really satisfied with the results...I mean, they look alright and everything, but I decided to go all out on this build.

It's Kat from Reach (obviously from the trailers where she still has both arms). I did some digging in the Reach sticky for the Kat/female files and found a few, but as far as I know, no one has unfolded a lot/built them yet...(correct me if I'm wrong on this). QUOTE]

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...ander-Catherine-B320-AceNat-s-build-PIC-HEAVY

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread

First link, all image links are broken...?

Second link is where I pulled the files from, but some of them (for instance, the thigh and chest) haven't been unfolded yet. At least, the latest files that were added to the OP are still .3ds files.

Trust me on this, the armor made in that first link is EXCELLENT. You would not be disappointed. The reason the pictures are broken is because so many people looked at that thread so many times that her alotted monthly bandwidth at photo-bucket became exceeded.

Download those files and check them out, what could it hurt?

Im willing to bet that if you talked to her, she would be a great help for you in getting the files you need.

It's Kat from Reach ... The thigh I unfolded and have mostly built,...
Thigh
thighprog.jpg

If anyone wants that thigh pattern, unfolded, let me know and I'll put it up somewhere...it's the most accurate pattern I've seen yet so...

Are you still willing to share the unfolded file? I am really struggling to find an accurate thigh pattern for Kat! Most of them don't wrap around the back of the leg enough. Would certainly appreciate the unfolded file!

Are you still willing to share the unfolded file? I am really struggling to find an accurate thigh pattern for Kat! Most of them don't wrap around the back of the leg enough. Would certainly appreciate the unfolded file!
You necroed the hell out of this. This thread is over a year old with no new posts by 4ng31. Keep looking around the 405th to find your file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back