5 years, 5 long years. thats how long it took me to complete my ODST helmet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
started the pep work for this helmet 5 years ago and after several years of mistakes, setbacks, seemingly never ending body filler/sanding and loss of motivation i am finally finished :D its not perfect but i am happy with the results. what you guys think for a first time helmet build?
IMG_20210406_171748.jpg
IMG_20210406_165938.jpg
IMG_20210406_170224.jpg
IMG_20210406_165737.jpg

Looks awesome! Love the red and the visor is great! Looks homemade but still really well done!

Looks great! 5 years! That’s pretty good. I like to measure my builds in years as well. Awesome you were able to stick it out with the pep. I attempted pep once. Got to the fiberglass stage then it ended up in the trash can. Yours turn out awesome

started the pep work for this helmet 5 years ago and after several years of mistakes, setbacks, seemingly never ending body filler/sanding and loss of motivation i am finally finished :D its not perfect but i am happy with the results. what you guys think for a first time helmet build?
View attachment 304945View attachment 304942View attachment 304943View attachment 304944
That’s a first time helmet build? That looks amazing, Idk that I could ever have the patience to do true pep. The visibility in the visor is great too.

That’s a first time helmet build? That looks amazing, Idk that I could ever have the patience to do true pep. The visibility in the visor is great too.
yep i decided to jump in the deep end for my first crack at making cosplay which might not of been the best idea. peps not too bad for helmets (apart from using fibre glass resin and the odst visor) but if i decide to do the rest of the odst build it will be eva foam all the way. i am surprised with the visor as well considering i used cheap tinting film for car lights and the film has bubbles and dirt. thanks for the comment :D

Looks great! 5 years! That’s pretty good. I like to measure my builds in years as well. Awesome you were able to stick it out with the pep. I attempted pep once. Got to the fiberglass stage then it ended up in the trash can. Yours turn out awesome
the part that almost made me put mine in the trash and that also put a rage induced hole in the helmet was adding the body filler to the outside of the helmet. I did a terrible job applying it and added body filler to the whole helmet instead of the parts that needed engraving and curves. this led to holes and uneven surfaces which i would fill then sand but in doing so more holes would appear and then began the cycle of filler/sand/repeat which really destroyed my motivation and then i got stuck on making the visor as there are not many options other than vacuum forming or etsy. thanks :D

Attachments

• WP_20170528_19_08_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170528_19_08_24_Pro.jpg
    816.7 KB · Views: 172
I handmade my ODST visor as well and it doesn't look nearly as clean as yours. I remember the bondo phase well for my helmet. I thought I would spend the rest of my life sanding and bondo-ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back