5k in armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanSweed

When I was deciding to make my first suit, one of the main events I’d wanted to wear it to were things like marathons and 5k’s. Has anyone else thought of “running” in their suit?

That's a tricky task. I think the big three issues would be heat, weight, and mobility. If you can reduce body heat, make the armor light weight, and wear running shoes instead of boot armor, you should be alright. I think the best time to do a 5k would be sometime in October.

Heat can be beat with vented pieces and bright colors. (Black turns light into heat, and white deflects it.) Helmet fans are a requirement. Weight depends on what the armor is made of and what you bring with it. If you made your armor out of EVA foam, you should be alright. Mobility is the big one. Unless you have a spacious H5 suit, you'll have a tough time. The best thing you can do to your armor is replace the chonky boot armor with running shoes.

Probably need a liquid cooling vest. Either storebought or build your own with a small pump, lithium battery and a peltier (I always wanted to try building one).

One more thing to consider is clipping and running parts of the armor. If it clips it will need to be trimmed and if it runs cloth will help with that. What armor are you hoping to pill this off in? I think some of the 343 industries stuff from halo 4 or 5 would be better suited for this as it had alot more curved stuff and gaps in the armor.

One more thing to consider is clipping and running parts of the armor. If it clips it will need to be trimmed and if it runs cloth will help with that. What armor are you hoping to pill this off in? I think some of the 343 industries stuff from halo 4 or 5 would be better suited for this as it had alot more curved stuff and gaps in the armor.
I’m planning on using my Halo 4 mark 6 suit which should work out pretty well
I’m not intending on sprinting in it, but possible a light jog or brisk pace

Put some shock absorbing pads on the boots and utilize the armor gaps as heat vents. This could work out! Where might this 5k take place?

1616535690780.png

Just around my city so it’s nothing extremely strenuous
I'm going to take a wild guess that your city is not in an extreme environment like a desert haha. Also while I've seen other people mention putting fans in your helmet, it's also good to keep in mind the positioning of the fans. You can actually angle your fans so that they blow your breathe away from the visor and prevent it from fogging up.

There's been a lot of talk about the suit, but another important factor is you. To jog 5K in a suit would require you to be extremely fit, no matter how light it is or how cool you make it. You'll want to do some training to get used to something like that, and very importantly, stay hydrated!

I think it's also worth noting that if one person manages to do this, it doesn't mean everyone can. Test your physical capabilities first, and don't push yourself to a point where you're only damaging yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back