95% Finished First Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleZ

Well, I know this isn't very good, it's a little lopsided and the detailing isn't great but before this, I had no experience with resin, fiberglass, or bondo so I hope i'll get better. I just have a little more sanding to do and a final paint job and this baby is done. Also, for the details on the side of the visor and underneath the piece that sticks out above the visor, would cutting out pieces of foam work best or does anyone have a better idea?

Photobucket Account

For a first helmet you did a really good job. Only recommendation I would make for next time is to build the helmet with the paper visor part in to keep the helm from warping when you resin and fiberglass it.

As for the side and above visor details, using thin foam is definitely the most popular and in my opinion easiest way to add them. Others have used bondo or cardboard, but that would add a bunch more work to get it finished.

~Slacker

very nice! your not giving yourself the credit you deserve. for a 1st time project i think its great. I wish my first one turned out half as good. keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back