A Brand New project, i need YOUR opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zach713

hi everyone, over the last 4 days, since my xbox came back from the hospital where it received surgery for its "red ring of doom" i have been re falling in love with the world of halo!

a while back i started making a foam core MA5C assault rifle, but it, failed. not only was it not turning out right, but since the sight had its facelift, i have lost the tutorial on how to make it.

long story short, i am restarting that project, however, this time, i don't want to make it out of foam core. i have considered using pepakura, but, because i have a mac, i can't. personally, i don't like pepakura anyway. this is wear YOU come in! i need suggestions on how to make this thing, i am thinking personally along the lines of using wood, as i have the tools to make it that way, but i lack the direction of how to make it. if you have a step by step guide you could show me, or perhaps explain it to me, that would be great!

i am looking along the lines of making something similar to that of link4044, but i am not to sure how he did his. another idea, however a risky and un thought through one, it to try and make it fire blanks, has this been done before? let me know. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Zach

Hey there zach, I know how you feel getting re involved with stuff, and just try your best to take that sudden burst of inspiration and keep it going as long as you can. As long as you don't use motivation then you should have this one done by the end of the summer. Anyhow, I would try my best to use cardboard as a medium. However, roadwarrior has a beautiful ma5c pep file, and it's definitely something I might consider if I was you. If it's your first time working with pep though, I'd be careful, because you can certainly mess it up very quickly, and sometimes hours of hard work can go down the drain if you mess up bad enough. Link 4044's assault rifle is surely a beauty, but using plastic and metal I'd say it's work that would surely be hard for a first timer with those materials. Anyhow, I think you can still get pep on mac, not for sure though. Hmmm, it seems the pep file for the rifle is down for now, you might want to pm nintendude to see if he has the file, or just pm me your email, and then I'll send it to you.

I'd suggest the MA37 pep file by Carpaithiva99 which is a beaut and easier than Road Warriors Super-Mega Hi-Def MA5C...

though if your new to pep I'd suggest using a low-def weapon pep of the MA5B or SRS99C99-AMB as your first weapon or weapons though since they are uber low def you will surely need to use bondo.

I'd suggest the MA37 pep file by Carpaithiva99 which is a beaut and easier than Road Warriors Super-Mega Hi-Def MA5C...

though if your new to pep I'd suggest using a low-def weapon pep of the MA5B or SRS99C99-AMB as your first weapon or weapons though since they are uber low def you will surely need to use bondo.
Alright, yes, It is lower def then road warriors, so I guess you might want to check it out, It's on the front page of the official reach pepakura thread. Just search around on the forums and you'll find it.

thanks guys, but i have tried all over the place looking for a way to get pepakura viewer on mac without boot camp, and there is just no way that can happen right now, because there is alternatives for making weapons without doing paper craft, i guess i am sort of lucky. my current "plan is to make a hollow frame out of wood, and see what i can do from there, opinions?

even though i am a first timer, i have been making these types of things for a while, just not halo. the detail aspect is something i am sort of trying to challenge my self with. anyway, i am all for opinions, today, i am trying to carve a combat knife, that shouldn't be too hard a project, sort of as a warm up. thanks guys.

I have the ability to print pep files to a PDF format. If you'd like, I could do that, send you the PDF file, and you could print the pages from that.

If you are set on not using pep for this, I would suggest picking Lee Kegan's (aka Grandun's) brain. He is a master woodcrafter and has created some incredible weapons from wood.

I have the ability to print pep files to a PDF format. If you'd like, I could do that, send you the PDF file, and you could print the pages from that.

If you are set on not using pep for this, I would suggest picking Lee Kegan's (aka Grandun's) brain. He is a master woodcrafter and has created some incredible weapons from wood.

that would actually be really helpful, thanks, the files i am looking for right now are the ma5c assault rifle, and all, an odst helmet from halo 3, thanks!

I actually saw Lee Kegan's vids on youtube when he was doing his sniper rifle. He would def be the one to talk to about wooden weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back