A Cadet's First Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotshot7000

Hello everyone! So... I have been a skulker of the forums, just drooling over everyone's INCREDIBLE builds and the lengths you'll go to fuel your creativity into reality!

And now, here today, I want to start the new year off with something I've been very... VERY hesitant, and have given up on many a time, that I finally want to complete this year.

*DEEPINHALE*

I want to make my very own Hazop Armor set! I am hoping there's a way I can 3D Print most of the stuff as I do have my own printer (Prusa Mk2.5S) and there is NO way in hell I'm going back to papercrafting xD I get it, some people really like doing it that way. I struggle with it insanely and have never been able to get just the right kind of paper to do it with.

I suppose I could also make it out of foam...

Anywho! If it's at all possible, I'd like for my design to reflect how my action figure I painted many years ago now will look in a full scale armor size
Besides the bright green kneepads.... I would definitely give it a little more realistic weathering and coloring

Attachments

• IMG_20181214_031832855.jpg
    IMG_20181214_031832855.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 147
Congratulations on taking the first step into armour making! Whether you go with foam or 3D prints we'll be able to help either way. I completely get why you want to move away from paper crafting, it requires so much patience and finesse that some of us just don't possess.

Congratulations on taking the first step into armour making! Whether you go with foam or 3D prints we'll be able to help either way. I completely get why you want to move away from paper crafting, it requires so much patience and finesse that some of us just don't possess.
I know right?? I admire those who have that level of patience and skill with it to make use of paper crafting, but I just cannot seem to grasp that finesse.

Thank you very much for the kind words! Since posting this I actually did find someone on Thingiverse.com who has designed a Hazop Helmet which certainly saves me some time! I can certainly accept doing the rest with foam if I must, as I do have a little more skill using that than paper, but this will be my first serious armor build to date, and I cannot wait to see it through this year!

TurboCharizard you might have to finish that Hazop helmet up now. ;)

Welcome to the 405th! I love to see new Reach Spartans being planned out. Plus you get bonus points for choosing to join Banana Yellow gang.

I also highly recommend while you may be adverse to the horror that is origami, still download Pepakura as it is insanely useful outside of its intended purpose. You can alter files to your needs and also use it as your benchmark to scale files for your 3D prints in tandem with Armorsmith!

TurboCharizard you might have to finish that Hazop helmet up now. ;)

Welcome to the 405th! I love to see new Reach Spartans being planned out. Plus you get bonus points for choosing to join Banana Yellow gang.

I also highly recommend while you may be adverse to the horror that is origami, still download Pepakura as it is insanely useful outside of its intended purpose. You can alter files to your needs and also use it as your benchmark to scale files for your 3D prints in tandem with Armorsmith!
Can I finish some other things first? Hazop is on the list, just not at the top.

If you need something for reference I just might have the Hazop armor set extracted from the games here in my archive
I think the one from Halo 5 is in there, so I'm assuming I grabbed the one from the other games too!
Dude thank you! Wait are you saying Halo 5 had their own version of Hazop? I can't wait to pick through all of this stuff! Might try to even print a weapon or two!

Dude thank you! Wait are you saying Halo 5 had their own version of Hazop? I can't wait to pick through all of this stuff! Might try to even print a weapon or two!
I think I was mistaken actually as I don't see Hazop in the Halo 5 files, but it should be in the Reach files and maybe even in the Halo 4 folder as well! If not let me know and I'll fix it :)
Either way I hope that archive is helpful!

I think I was mistaken actually as I don't see Hazop in the Halo 5 files, but it should be in the Reach files and maybe even in the Halo 4 folder as well! If not let me know and I'll fix it :)
Either way I hope that archive is helpful!
You would be correct. Hazop had it's own unique version in halo 4 that is very different from its predecessor. It's a really unique helmet that I love, but is so different it is one of those helmets that has no correlation to the other one. It just happens to share the same name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back