A couple foam questions: what foam and how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I should at some point create a spreadsheet with calculations where you enter your gender, height, and weight. Then under different categories of armor it will list how much of what materials will be required on estimate that you'll need to buy. That way, no one would be lost on this whole process.

My brother also mentioned that he feels like there should be some sort of all-in-one package, where there is a package you can buy that all of the materials are in the bundle that you need to get started.

I feel like I should at some point create a spreadsheet with calculations where you enter your gender, height, and weight. Then under different categories of armor it will list how much of what materials will be required on estimate that you'll need to buy. That way, no one would be lost on this whole process.

My brother also mentioned that he feels like there should be some sort of all-in-one package, where there is a package you can buy that all of the materials are in the bundle that you need to get started.

I think he just said he wants to commission a parts kit.

It all depends on the scaling and you body. I used......about 8 mats of 24x24 8mm to finish my mk 1 ODST. I am 6'3" and about 280. But I am more of a broad guy. so my 8 could be someones like 5. Also, I rushed so many many mistakes. Now my ODST ungrade take about one 24x24 8mm usually. So messure twice cut onece and take your time. plus fit as much as possible onto the foam, less waste and more parts done.

I want to do an order from TNTCosplay at some point. Definitely let us know how it is when you get it!
I definitely will, though I won't have any other experience to compare it to I will be able to offer my exp. as an newcomer.
My order is scheduled to arrive monday. I technically don't have any time allotted during weekdays to work on it buuuuuuut knowing me, I'll let you know Tuesday :)

My recent Red Moon Cosplay Solutions foam order came in and I'm sold on this 125kg density stuff. It's chonky. I currently have it pressed between two sheets of MDF and some books to flatten out the rolls and start work on the MA5B later this week.

From first impressions it takes /a lot/ of effort to even compress or dent this foam. It's rigid and does not flex and deform in the same manner as puzzle mat foam. I'm excited to see how it reacts to tooling.

Attachments

• DSC_0039.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 158
with TNT they have three different density. obviously the price goes up. But Turbo, makes a good offer too. my best advice got a couple extra bucks order foam. the more the better, especially in thickness.

Well, shoot, now I'm second guessing my decision to go with EVA-38 seeing that there's an EVA-60. That's as high as TNT goes though, you said you got EVA-156? That's nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back