A greetings and small request for assistance (Search didn't help - Video game/Pep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaming Geek

Jr Member
Hello all. I'm new to your forum, but I was linked here a few months ago due to a project that I was considering.

See, I have an unusual face. You might know who I look like from the costume I put togeather for A-Kon 21 this year. :p

35473_125805617457679_100000847251843_125326_6131631_n.jpg

So yea. I'm interested in creating an HEV Mk. 5 suit from Half Life 2. I saw a few months ago that there are Pep files for the costume that someone created, but thanks to the issues of the forums I have been unable to located where these would be.

Could someone please help me out with the source file? If I want to get this project going, I have to get started.

In exchange I offer an idea that I came across for producing sound effects for your costume. This shirt here lets you put up to 20 MP3 files onto a card, loop any you want, and has them all accessible to a small handheld device.

You can rip out the guts to this and rewire the speaker output to a male Mic plug, then put that into something like this. That will be loud enough to be heard over the din of a crowd.

Personally, I plan to strip them both, rewire them to take power inputs from a single portable battery (like you get to play DVD players on trips), and conceal it all into the HEV suit itself. Put the manual buttons into the underside of a gauntlet and paint it to match, put the speaker in the front breastplate, and the battery in the back...

I'm sure I'm not the only one to come up with this idea, but I thought I'd share it.

Thank you for any help you can provide. I'm sure that I will be posting in your help forum before I'm complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back