A Heartfelt 'Thank You'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
So, something happened today that absolutely restored my love and appreciation for this community. The image is down below, but I'd like to take a little time to offer both a personal 'thank you' to the member responsible, and to the community at large.

Spartan55 very, very kindly offered a REQ pack code to me as a 'thank you' for the work I've put into the community. Along with armour and REQ cards, this pack has awarded me the 'Apollo' emblem - meaning that this community member has given up a very valuable and exclusive reward from the Loot Crate series as a gift to me. I cannot begin to put into words how astonished and flattered I am to receive such a rare prize, simply as a show of gratitude. After the pack opened and I saw the rewards I sat for a few minutes, simply trying to process the situation - and not simply for the pack contents, but for the fact that a member has found my services to the forum so helpful that they've desired to give something back.

I don't work for the community for the glory or the rewards. I have never taken on work thinking 'I'll be thought of better for this' or 'people will show me gratitude' - I feel that entering into a project such as the 405th with the mindset of seeking glory or adoration is a selfish thing to do. The work I do is done purely to make sure that you - the community - are able to construct increasingly awesome and amazing costumes. CommanderPalmer's Palmer outfit. Asgardianhammer's HAZOP build, Dirtdives' Centurion build, peterthethinker's builds, and others besides - that is why I put so much work into the community. I love seeing people working on their costumes, knowing that I've helped them get started on the road to achieving their costuming dreams.

To be given such a show of gratitude - however small - reminds me of why I love this community. And for all the thanks and gratitude I receive from members, I have only this to say:

No. Thank YOU for letting me be a part of such an amazing and close-knit family of costumers. Without you guys here to take advantage of the work I put in, I might as well just hoard the assets I have on my hard drive and let them gather dust. All I do is upload files and point people towards resources and reference - it's you, the COMMUNITY, that routinely achieves the impossible by creating such amazing costumes. My expectations for the things you guys do are blown out of the water every single day, and I couldn't be prouder to be a part of that.

I hope I never lose sight of why I'm here, and I hope you'll all help me make sure I remember.

As we move into the end of an eventful 2016 and into 2017, I pledge to continue to work just as hard for you all and help the community be the best it possibly can be. And I promise to you all, great things are coming, sooner than you think.

Again, thank you, one and all - and especially for Spartan55 for pretty much making me cry. Keep being awesome, everyone.

Attachments

• req.png
    req.png
    519.4 KB · Views: 461
  • the awesome.JPG
    the awesome.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 407
giphy.gif

I've only been here a short few months but I've already met a bunch of really incredible people that have been nothing but kind, helpful, and occasionally, awesome goofballs. I thank you for your service in this awesome community and if I had a super rad emblem I could give you, I'd give it no strings attached! Keep it up boss, and I'll see ya around! :D

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    533.5 KB · Views: 385
This community really is a family, man. I can go to any convention around here, run into someone from the 405th that would otherwise be a complete stranger, and as soon as we mention our usernames it's like we're best friends! this kind of gesture doesn't surprise me in the slightest, and you totally deserve it Chernobyl

Chernobyl, I haven't been here long but in all of the threads I read you were helping people. Thank you for everything that you do for this great community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back