mc hammer time said:
I personally think an exacto knife is better for scoring but thats just me :p

I was going to use one but I daren't incase I screwed the fold up and ended up

cutting it xD

So I just sticked with a blunt pen :D

-Spartan-Sauce

Last edited by a moderator:
Tahu said:
EDIT: Box o Crayons, you posted when I was writing mine lol! And the fiberglass cloth GOES ON THE INSIDE!!

People have different advices how many coats of fiberglass and resin, here is what I prefer, because otherwise alot of detail will go away.

You got your Paper Model, and coat with 1-2 thin coats of Fiberglass Resin on the outside. Pep the visor on your model or your model will get warped for sure because it has no support.

Then coat the inside with a thin coat of Resin, let it dry.

After that you cut small pieces of fiberglass cloth and put in where you want, take alot of resin and take your brush and tap on the cloth untill its got covered in resin and it shaped after the surface.

Some people wants 2-3 layers of fiberglass cloth, but I see no need of it. The helmet will get very hard anyway, and it wont weight so much. You will bondo the outside aswell.

All The Best,

/Tahu

or instead of tape lightly put resin on the place where u are laying fiber glass down. so the fiberglass cloth/mat will hold its place than put the resin over the cloth till it is soaked thro. just a helpful tip

candinater said:
nice.. jw when are u going 2 fiberglass it?

No clue, sometime soon hopefully.

My dad's a procrastinator and doesn't take much interest in what I do.

So I wouldn't be surprised if he even bothers to get me some resin.

Gah. I hate my life xD

I'll just bug him a lot ;D

-Spartan-Sauce

Spartan-Sauce said:
Not at all, I swear it was like being in primary school xD

Really easy, its just folding and glueing.

Though I'd recommend using a pen and a metal ruler to draw over the folds,

'cos then its easier to bend and sticks better.

Hope to see you making it soon and your progress :)

-Spartan-Sauce

thanks man it just looks hard from the way everyone has theres and how complex it looks so i figured id ask.

OMG SPARTAN SAUCE i totally agree, my dad is the same, way he thinks just cuz im 15 i dont know notin bout this stuff, im like dad ive been researching this stuff for like 2 months, i know what im doing and i know what resin and fiberglass, do, i just hope he can at least buy me some resin and a respirator.

mills out

Pvt.Donut said:
thanks man it just looks hard from the way everyone has theres and how complex it looks so i figured id ask.

No Prob :)

And you just go bit by bit, glueing with numbers.

Like join the dots but more fun xD

-Spartan-Sauce

SPARTAN-Mills117 said:
OMG SPARTAN SAUCE i totally agree, my dad is the same, way he thinks just cuz im 15 i dont know notin bout this stuff, im like dad ive been researching this stuff for like 2 months, i know what im doing and i know what resin and fiberglass, do, i just hope he can at least buy me some resin and a respirator.

mills out

Time for an off-topic sentence.

Mods feel free to delete it.

DADS F***ING SUCK DUDE.

-Spartan-Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back