A Neat Side Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostdude

Jr Member
I thought I'd share something I've cooked up between fiberglassing, working, and sleeping... :rolleyes

I'm slowly working on my '79 camaro which came back from paint a few weeks ago. I'm changing all the trim to flat black, wheel wells, cleaning hood, trunk, ect. I also came across an emblem I had. I guess I could have been clean up and flat blacked but another one to complete the set would have cost $30.

So I decided to make my own. Thank you smooth on and friends for the ideas!

EastMillbrook001.jpg

Getting things together and the box to make the mold.

EastMillbrook004.jpg

The Rebound 25 mold.

EastMillbrook006.jpg

Parts A and B respectively of Smoothcast 300

EastMillbrook007.jpg

Resin mixed.

EastMillbrook009.jpg

Setting up.

EastMillbrook010.jpg

Ta-Da!!! Just needs to be cleaned up.

EastMillbrook013.jpg

The two cleaned copies which are being filled with spot putty then primed. I'll show the finished product once its.... finished. :D

box o crayons said:
it looks great but is that legal, what i mean is you took a licensed logo and are makeing copys is that allowed?
As long as he's not selling them it should be ok. The only people that seem to get bent out of shape over copywright infringement for non-monetary gain are 20th Century Fox.

Besides, who's gonna question it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea! Last winter I used the fabrication skills I learned through armor to make a new dash panel for my truck. It's amazing what armor making can teach ya! :D

box o crayons said:
it looks great but is that legal, what i mean is you took a licensed logo and are makeing copys is that allowed?

I'm only making copies for myself so everything is good. Saves myself a headache of finding decent replacements. I must add that I did make my sister one because she thought it was awesome but it was a freebie and I seriously doubt GM (Government Motors now) is gonna go snooping through her room for that little decoration.

Gokussj5okazu said:
Great idea! Last winter I used the fabrication skills I learned through armor to make a new dash panel for my truck. It's amazing what armor making can teach ya! :D

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to getting to that point on my list with my car. I'm making an aluminum dash for autometer gauges to replace the stupid dummy lights. I'll then be adding a computer with a 7" touch screen. Another fabrication item on my list is putting a small sub in the middle of my backseat to add a little bass and adding speaker to the door panels.

YaY MONEY PIT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I'd give some pics of the final product in action. So here you go!

driprail003.jpg

driprail009.jpg

A little wonky with the glue here but I can fix it

driprail011.jpg

I think they turned out pretty well. I've been working on this car a lot and my armor is at a complete standstill. I'll get back to it in August when I return from vacation. In the meantime....

Cheers everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back