Props A new, fun little project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

While I wait for the rest of the stuff I need to finish my Kat costume, I decided to start on a new little project. I decided to do it since I actually have this stuff laying around the house! There are a few things I may need buy, but if I'm lucky, I MIGHT find what I need around the house and then I won't have to spend money which is always a plus! :D

Anyway, here is where I started:

Got ANY idea what this could be? (insert devious laughter here)

3481xtu.jpg

No?

Hmmm.........

How about now? (insert more devious laughter here) LOL

34j6p7m.jpg

Now PLEASE tell me you have figured it out. XD haha

Yes, I have decided to make the actual flag from Halo Reach. Not exactly a difficult project, but I think it will also compliment my Kat costume nicely. :)

I've been seeing a few Halo flag builds around the site and I wanted to actually make my own WAAAAAAYYYYY back when I was making my Hayabusa armor, but it never came to fruition. Now that I realized I have the stuff laying around the house, I can make my own little flag. :p The skull is a halloween prop given to me by an old neighbor. He actually gave me a lot of skulls, various sizes, since I started talking about how I wanted to make the little skulls from Halo. He was VERY familiar with Halo and told me about the LAN parties he used to have a couple years ago. They would even see what I was up to when I was using my spray paint when I was making my costumes outside. XD

ANYWAY, this is where I am at so far.

The progress on this WILL BE VERY SLOW so don't expect LOTS of updates in a short amount of time.

I'm not sure which color I want. I thought of making blue since I like blue and I can carry it and make it seem like I am protecting my flag (since I like blue team cause blue is my fav color), but at the same time I can walk around and say "I have the red teams flag!" if I were to make the red flag. What color should I do!!??!?!!! D:

I ONLY modeled the one part of the flag to give me something to work with and make it easier. I MIGHT end up modeling the end piece of the flag. I got enough reference pictures to do it with. :p

I am working on unfolding that part now and IF I get enough people that are interested in getting it to maybe use for their own Halo Reach flag project, I'll post a link for it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice stuff so far!
I think a red flag would be the best option *insert "look at me!, i've got the flag quotes here ;P"
Keep it up!

I think the first one is a Kipfel! That's kind of a C-shaped bread roll, but sweeter. Ha! Admit it! I am right, am I not? :)

Well, I decided to go ahead and model the bottom end of the flag.

2ujjpxv.jpg

This will at least give me something to work with and I can always round it up and make it smooth later. After looking at my references, I appeared that there were 8 sides so I just modeled it like that instead of trying to make it perfectly round while I was modeling it. This did not take that long to model. :p

I think when I make this piece, I may put a few good layers of resin on the outside and then fill it up with rondo. I don't know how well that will work. It will give it some weight, which I'm not worried about, but I just hope that having that much rondo won't cause it to shatter apart or something. :\ I may try and reinforce the outside of the tip just so that it doesn't get dented. Maybe get a small piece of metal sheet or something.

SLIGHT UPDATE:

Okay, so went ahead and got a different pole to use as my flag post. I started to feel that it was too short compared to how it looks in game. The one in the picture is actually a broom handle that I took from work because the end that attaches to the broom head broke off and they were just gonna toss it and I realized I could use it for something. My ORIGINAL plans for the broom handle was to get it cut and use as a barrel for an assault rifle or something. :p

So, I decided to use a tall wooden pole that I had bought a loooong time ago when I was making the staff for my Eternal Sailor Moon costume years ago. XD It's been painted white so I'm gonna have to sand it down a bit and I have some chrome spray paint and will use that to paint it and then go over it with some black acrylic paint to help tone down the shine of the chrome.

I also have the end piece printed out and may pep that when I get home from work. I REALLY hope I have some bondo and resin left because if I do, I can have the bottom piece filled and make it solid. I just hope that all works out okay. I may do it sections and not fill it up all at once. That might cause it to warp or something crazy. XD

34j6p7m.jpg

wow were did you get that skull... :eek

and i didn't know others was making this.. i also started with one too.
it would of been my first 3d design, would you mind if i still went on with mine?
and i have a bottom bit but its way diffrent from yours at the mo:)

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee421/YT-WHITE/MyStuff/b07a95fc.jpg
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee421/YT-WHITE/MyStuff/1f62c733.jpg
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee421/YT-WHITE/MyStuff/1f8a1c40.jpg

just wanted to let you know that i wasnt taking your idea's and that they was of
my own idea's...:)

awsome skull by the way and good luck with yours :)
do you have that name when playing reach as am sure i ave played you if so?
oh and didnt mean to hi-jack your thread i won't.. just wanted you to know that i didn't want to tread on any toe's and for any-one to think i was theiving other peeps idea's..

34j6p7m.jpg

wow were did you get that skull... :eek

and i didn't know others was making this.. i also started with one too.
it would of been my first 3d design, would you mind if i still went on with mine?
and i have a bottom bit but its way diffrent from yours at the mo:)

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee421/YT-WHITE/MyStuff/b07a95fc.jpg
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee421/YT-WHITE/MyStuff/1f62c733.jpg
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee421/YT-WHITE/MyStuff/1f8a1c40.jpg

just wanted to let you know that i wasnt taking your idea's and that they was of
my own idea's...:)

awsome skull by the way and good luck with yours :)
do you have that name when playing reach as am sure i ave played you if so?
oh and didnt mean to hi-jack your thread i won't.. just wanted you to know that i didn't want to tread on any toe's and for any-one to think i was theiving other peeps idea's..

If you read the 3 paragraph under the picture of the skull I posted, you would have discovered that the skull is a halloween prop and I got if from a neighbor. :p

Not too many people are doing the full flag post like I am. They make the flag and just connect it to a pole. I'm going all out on this one. :p

UPDATE:
► I sanded the pole and painted it chrome. I will be rubbing black over it to tone down the shine from the chrome and give it a nice, darker color like in game.

► The end piece has been pepped and filled to the top with rondo. That is currently curring. That piece is VERY hot too.

► I also got a screw placed into the bottom of the wood pole so once the rondo dries, I will be drilling a small "starter" hole into the rondo and then screw the 2 pieces together. However, I might be adding the finishing touches to the end piece BEFORE I screw them together since it will make it easier to work on that piece when it's not screwed on.

Well, here are some progress shots.....

Some pics showing the pep and final hardened stage:

2mo9uty.jpg

Sanded the pole and painted it chrome:

fngy9.jpg

Got it put together! I also wiped some black paint on it and then sprayed a nice layer of clear coat over it. It did just what I wanted it to do.........tone down the chrome shine. :p

2zjlwko.jpg

This just shows how big the bottom piece is compared to my foot. XD I have that piece scaled at 10 inches tall. The piece also has some craft foam wrapped around it.

3148rrq.jpg

And that is where I'm at now. Not much left to do. Just need some fabric, add the top piece under the skull and a few more finishing touches and it should be done. :)

As of now, the TOTAL length from the top of the skull to the very bottom measures 77 inches. That's just a little over 6 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back