A new spartan to the ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaz

Guess who, did you miss me? Obviously you dont, bet half of you dont even remember me! Haha anyway guys if you remember me or not im back and after playing reach not stop for around 2 weeks i fell in love with Noble and decided to have a go at creating my own spartan armor, so here we go!

P100924007.jpg

P100924006.jpg

P100924005.jpg

P100924004.jpg

P100924003.jpg

P100924002.jpg

P100924001.jpg

P100923005.jpg

Yeah, that foamy stuff is a really good way to make a custom piece of armour.
Since you'll probably be using resin: Ithaca has a video somewhere, in which he tests how a certain kind of foam reacts to resin. Result: Massive warping, but no eating. So you may want to consider using resin on a few of those foam parts. You could, for example, use it to give the pink part the edgy look it needs.

cheers guys, yeah i though foam might be a good idea for the boot im not really sure why, but it seems to be working out well. And yeah i see what you mean for the front of the boot, its more rounded then boxy(if thats a word).

Sorry for the double post, and the lack of updates but i have been busy with college and today celebrating my 18th birthday:) anyway here we go.
P100929005.jpg

P100929004.jpg

P100929002.jpg

And yes, that is chocolate cake you can see that my wonderful girlfriend made me. :$

Dang it spaz, when I was going to release my thread in the next decade or so, I thought I was going to be the only ones with Foamie boots. :p

Cool idea for the boots. Although be careful; I used foam on my assault rifle. The stuff was so flexible, that the Bondo would crack a lot because it wasn't a hard surface. You might have a really hard time trying to mimic steel. If you're not trying to, then nevermind.

haha sorry shade :p, and yeah its just an idea at the moment they still need alot of work but hopefully it will work out well.

haha thanks mans! im currently pepping emiles helmet should have pictures up before the start of next week.

Its cool. So I might have missed it, but are you going to harden your boots? Or are going to go straight to paint?

Excellent!

I've been looking for materials that I can use inside during the upcoming Canadian winter (brrrrrr!). I was thinking of trying it in place of body-filler (bondo). Looking forward to your review.

anyone else having problem with the emile helmet pep file? theres lots of edges that dont have tabs and some of the numbers are wrong:S is it my me or anyone else having any of these problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back