A nooby question

Status
Not open for further replies.

axelhead1097

Hey guys, I've been away for a while with exams and whatnot but now ive got a heck of a lot of time before i go back to school. So obviously the best thing to do is build!

The question I'm asking is as I'm from the UK cardstock is a little different, I found some that is 180gsm which I think is the right thickness. The thing is a lot of these are glossy which I don't know if it's any good for pep work so I've been looking for more matte ones. Is this right? Should I go for matte or glossy?

I don't think I would go with glossy. I'm imagining that it probably has a smooth finish, like photo paper, and when you go to add the checmicals to harden it, there is no telling if there will be an odd reaction. I've never heard of anyone even using glossy paper.

I personally don't have a printer, so i go to the local copy/print store (AKA Staples) and have them print it all out for me. Never have to worry about running out of ink or paper. and it is always printed on the right paper and very fast.

There is also a post somewhere on here explaining the US to Metric conversions for card stock. I'll try and find it and link it in.

you need card stock paper. the kind used for greeting cards and business cards. the paper you linked looks to be photo paper. I don't know if it will work or not, and if it will have a bad reaction to the resin you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back