Props A Question About Scaling Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boba Fett

I know the M6 series was scaled up (by 117%, typical bungie :p) for the Spartan program. but what about the sniper rifle, BR, and SMG? The sng doesn't appear to be scaled up in Halo 3. But do Marines carry BR's that are 899mm long? (obviously, I'm trying to scale pep) and the sniper should be 1875mm long. Romeo appears to carry a full-blown sniper, but does anyone know differently? Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I thought it the most appropriate. I'm not trying to get something that's a perfect fit for my body size, I want to make full scaled props, but sized for humans. Don't worry about covie weapons, they're all the same I believe. Thanks for any help!

My thought on it is to get the size from the Halopedia and downscale it by 10% should do it for a typical human size for carrying.

but here's the problem, does every sniper rifle suddenly grow 10% every time chief picks something up? Not saying you're wrong, but it seems that marines carry full-sized things. 1 other thing, I was doing some calculating, and the chief is EXACTLY 117% the size of the average white male approximately 20 years old. BUngie...

Boba Fett said:
but here's the problem, does every sniper rifle suddenly grow 10% every time chief picks something up? Not saying you're wrong, but it seems that marines carry full-sized things. 1 other thing, I was doing some calculating, and the chief is EXACTLY 117% the size of the average white male approximately 20 years old. BUngie...

lol... well right, but that sort of continuity is probably something that is sacrificed in-game.

if they designed 2 of everything with different sizes, they'd have to have 2 positions for how MC holds each weapon, etc.

just easier to make it a "1 size fits all" i'd imagine.

also, regarding the 117% larger? that is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back