A Question Regarding Size Testers On The Pep File Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

psylent777

Hi everyone, Psylent777 here (Introduction can be found here if you're interested). I've got a question regarding the high detail size tester that's on the pep file index.

I've been working on making some Mark VI armour, and I've finished pepping everything but the helmet and the chest. I've seen that there's a size tester pep file, but I don't know what high detail torso model that Supertaco's tester is based off. I've been scaling and building my models based on Abrant3's scaling tutorials on youtube and everything has turned out perfect so far. I've measured to his guidelines for chest models... but I still feel like I would be safer building a mock-up version first before I go whole hog.

If anyone can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I too have been following Abrant3 way of scaling, and it has been working for me. But I have a question regarding the Chest piece. I basically have a one shot chance to get the chest piece right, so I was wondering what the scale was or the height on somebody else's pepped chest for somebody that is about 5'11. Since I dont have a printer, I have to do it at school, and to many pages is a nono :( .

WELCOME TO THE 405Th!!!! :)

For somebody 5'11", you should come out with 413mm height. So, just in case, scale it to 420mm in height. That should work easily.

Anyhow, I made this tutorial a while back. It has more then 1 method of scaling, and is prety straight forward.

How To Scale Your Armour-Tutorial

If you need any more help wth scaling, just PM me, or ask in that thread.

Good luck!

That actually works out to a very similar number to what I got. I figure that I'll double and triple check just to be sure. I've read through your tutorial before, I have to say that I find it a little more helpful than the 'official' scaling thread as it requires you to use a specific pep file to build from.

Thanks for your help! I'll be sure to start posting photos when I've got all of the pep finished.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
For somebody 5'11", you should come out with 413mm height. So, just in case, scale it to 420mm in height. That should work easily.

Anyhow, I made this tutorial a while back. It has more then 1 method of scaling, and is prety straight forward.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:

Good luck!

I had actually read that thread, but i have to print everything out during my lunch period, so that doesn't give a whole lot of time. But thanks for not grilling me about doing the proper searching first, I appreciate it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back