A question to the Dutch Pepakura builders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdevries

Jr Member
Hey guys, appearently the english meaning of the word for cardstock is very different then the dutch meaning. Whenever I search for cardstock online, I get these pretty decorated papers as a result. Nothing plain white, either. So what did you guys use? Regular paper reinforced with thin cardboard?

Thanks in advance.

Hey jongens, blijkbaar is de engelse betekenis voor het woord cardstock anders dan de nederlandse betekenis. Wanneer ik online zoek naar cardstock, krijg ik gedecoreerd papier als resultaat. Niks in gewoon wit. Dus, wat hebben jullie gebruikt? Gewoon papier versterkt met omslagkarton?

Alvast bedankt.

Cardstock does come in multiple colors, and in some ways its supierior to plain white (Example would be printing out th FS helm you could do the chin in blue and the top in pink). Just make sure you get 100lb, thats the key.

LukeTrocity said:
Cardstock does come in multiple colors, and in some ways its supierior to plain white (Example would be printing out th FS helm you could do the chin in blue and the top in pink). Just make sure you get 100lb, thats the key.

110 lbs not 100 but good information though Luke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to a office store and look in the paper isle where they sell nothing but printer paper, Not too sure what the weight is there or how they measure it, but you should be able to find it there.

AoBfrost said:
Go to a office store and look in the paper isle where they sell nothing but printer paper, Not too sure what the weight is there or how they measure it, but you should be able to find it there.

Got mine at the local Office Depot, costs about 20 bucks/250 sheets. *POW!* Take that, wallet!

yeah, different countries tend to have different stores.....anyway, cardstock shouldnt be too hard to aquire, except im talkin about the states, so maybe you could order it online......if walgreens takes international orders ;) im just kidding.

i dont know too much about foreign brands, but here GP (georgia Pacific) has cardstock in many colors for cheap prices (take that walmart!) and trying thick paper is advised.

i want to speak dutch now.

Cardstock is a type of Cardboard, it's just not Corrugated Cardboard. Hope that helps when you're looking for it.

Hmm, no answers yet from my fellow countrymen.

But thanks to everyone who answered so far.

@rvb: aren't there any foreign language courses over there? :D

in the us we have a mixture of langauges the main ones here in florida is spanish and english

AoBfrost said:
The paper in erurope is measured in: (grams per square meter)

You should look for paper wich is '290g/m2' wich is equivelant to 110lb. It can be quite expensive there tough...
For me, 10 sheets of 110lb cardstock costs 7USD :( (i live in switzaerland right now).

In Finland the carstock prices are awesome! A thousand sheets cost 5 euros (8USD)

-Fin(n)ish
EDIT: And when you asked about the foreign language classes... (no offense) your language isnt that needed in the rest of the world.

The main languages of the world (in order of most spoken to least spoken) are:

-Mandarian chinese. (not sure if i spelled it right..)
-English. (omg haxxxxxxxoRzzz! it's not the most spoken?!)
-Hindu/urdu. (Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!)
-Spanish (hello, my name is JOSE!)
-Arabic. (... ... ... uu... No comment)
-Russian (DAD! Where did you put my nuclear warhead?)
-portuguese (great food!)
-Bengali (never heard that one before!)
-Malay/indonesian (Wayang Kulit!)
-French. (who need french anyways?!.. Wait... I have lived in a french speaking country for 2 years!)

Spartan-299 said:
Hey guys, appearently the english meaning of the word for cardstock is very different then the dutch meaning. Whenever I search for cardstock online, I get these pretty decorated papers as a result. Nothing plain white, either. So what did you guys use?

I use wonderful Swedish cardstock.
Link.
There is "Osprey White", but I use "Puffin Blue"
Btw, Sweden is Near Danmark, isn't it? :)

bevbor said:
I use wonderful Swedish cardstock.
Link.
There is "Osprey White", but I use "Puffin Blue"
Btw, Sweden is Near Danmark, isn't it? :)
Sweden and denmark are connected with the worlds longest bridge :)
But he is not from DENMARK, Dutch means the netherlands... aka. Holland

-Fin(n)ish

Finnish_Spartan said:
Sweden and denmark are connected with the worlds longest bridge :)

-Fin(n)ish

I thought the Lake Pontchartain Causeway was the world's longest bridge being about 24 miles in length.

As far as I know the Oresund bridge is just the longest border crossing bridge in the world.

Sinjinsmiley said:
I thought the Lake Pontchartain Causeway was the world's longest bridge being about 24 miles in length.

As far as I know the Oresund bridge is just the longest border crossing bridge in the world.
We are boh wrong lol... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_large...pension_bridges
But the bridge from sweden to Denmark is the latgest one (even tough not the longest)

-Fin(n)ish

Finnish_Spartan said:
The paper in erurope is measured in: (grams per square meter)

You should look for paper wich is '290g/m2' wich is equivelant to 110lb. It can be quite expensive there tough...
For me, 10 sheets of 110lb cardstock costs 7USD :( (i live in switzaerland right now).

In Finland the carstock prices are awesome! A thousand sheets cost 5 euros (8USD)

-Fin(n)ish
EDIT: And when you asked about the foreign language classes... (no offense) your language isnt that needed in the rest of the world.

The main languages of the world (in order of most spoken to least spoken) are:

-Mandarian chinese. (not sure if i spelled it right..)
-English. (omg haxxxxxxxoRzzz! it's not the most spoken?!)
-Hindu/urdu. (Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!)
-Spanish (hello, my name is JOSE!)
-Arabic. (... ... ... uu... No comment)
-Russian (DAD! Where did you put my nuclear warhead?)
-portuguese (great food!)
-Bengali (never heard that one before!)
-Malay/indonesian (Wayang Kulit!)
-French. (who need french anyways?!.. Wait... I have lived in a french speaking country for 2 years!)
Weird I speak the two highest used ones, Chinese not so fluently though...

Spartan-299 said:
Hey guys, apparently the english meaning of the word for cardstock is very different then the dutch meaning. Whenever I search for cardstock online, I get these pretty decorated papers as a result. Nothing plain white, either. So what did you guys use? Regular paper reinforced with thin cardboard?

Thanks in advance.

Hey jongens, blijkbaar is de engelse betekenis voor het woord cardstock anders dan de nederlandse betekenis. Wanneer ik online zoek naar cardstock, krijg ik gedecoreerd papier als resultaat. Niks in gewoon wit. Dus, wat hebben jullie gebruikt? Gewoon papier versterkt met omslagkarton?

Alvast bedankt.

Je moet gewoon versterkt papier hebben, het gaat om gewicht in grammen per vel. Luister niet teveel naar Finnish spartan je kan het beste naar de Bruna gaan op daar vragen naar 250 gram papier.

You just need Reinforced paper, its all about the weight of the paper. U could do what Finnish spartan is say but, or you could go the you local cart store and get some 250 gram.

well i'm dutch.
ge moet gewoon dik papier kope( das etzelfde als cardboard)
pak papier genaamd bristol of steinbach (mar das slapper)
da is het gewoon, ge kunt da krijge in schoolwinkels of knutselwinkels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back