A Sad Day In Rock N' Roll History :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACDCrockr209

For all of my fellow guitars players here on the 405th that don't know yet.

A good friend of ours died on August 13, 2009. Now I know some of you are going to say, "It's been almost a week already." or, "I never knew that was a real person!".

Les Paul, The inventer of the solid body guitar died of complications of pneumonia at the age of 94.

His guitar, The Les Paul, is the most iconic electric guitar in rock history. Without this instrument, we wouldn't have our crazy metal bands,classic rock bands, or even that smooth jazz sound if it wasn't for him.

I am deeply saddend by this. He helped me become the musician I always wanted to be.

May you rest in peace Les. We will be playing on our les paul guitars in your memory.

-Pony

RIP Les Paul. You were a true icon to me, and your the reason I got into playing the guitar. Without you, I would not have my band, my music, or my guitar.

Thanks for everything you have done for Musical community. You have truly made a large impact in the history of every music worth listening to, and an even larger impact in all of us guitarists.

You influinced many of my musical heroes, and for that, I thank you even more.

Rest in peace dude... Keep rockin' in heaven.

Also a quick shout out to my other fallen musical heroes. Jimi Hendrix, Cliff Burton, Bob Marley...Your all great.

RIP

I feel like there is a little piece of him in my les paul. I don't know if you've ever been to the Rock n' Roll hall of fame, but they have a great exhibit about him.

Also a quick shout out to my other fallen musical heroes. Jimi Hendrix, Cliff Burton, Bob Marley...Your all great.

They were awsome palyers too! Some day, we will be up there jamming right beside them, playing all day and all night.

I feel like there is a little piece of him in my les paul. I don't know if you've ever been to the Rock n' Roll hall of fame, but they have a great exhibit about him.

Every Les Paul has a piece of him. They were his creations. He is everywhere watching us play, and he keeps getting prouder and prouder in all of us for showing him that his invention still lives and and always will.

-Pony

Hopefully not too soon though. We just have to keep working at our skills, and maybe when its time, we will really have something to show off up there to the boys.

But...what to play tonight in memory of Les Paul...

RIP Les

He was such a great man and such a contributor to the music scene that even people that know nothing about guitars know his name

ACDCrockr209 said:
For all of my fellow guitars players here on the 405th that don't know yet.

A good friend of ours died on August 13, 2009. Now I know some of you are going to say, "It's been almost a week already." or, "I never knew that was a real person!".

Les Paul, The inventer of the solid body guitar died of complications of pneumonia at the age of 94.

His guitar, The Les Paul, is the most iconic electric guitar in rock history. Without this instrument, we wouldn't have our crazy metal bands,classic rock bands, or even that smooth jazz sound if it wasn't for him.

I am deeply saddend by this. He helped me become the musician I always wanted to be.

May you rest in peace Les. We will be playing on our les paul guitars in your memory.

-Pony

Amen, Brutha. Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:
He also basically invented overdubbing, multi-track recording and a few other things, so we all owe him a great amount - not only the guitarists under us. Sad day indeed.

"And as we wind on down the road

Our shadows taller than our soul.

There walks a lady we all know

Who shines white light and wants to show

How everything still turns to gold.

And if you listen very hard

The tune will come to you at last.

When all are one and one is all

To be a rock and not to roll."

RIP

-Spartan-Sauce,

Spartan-Sauce said:
"And as we wind on down the road

Our shadows taller than our soul.

There walks a lady we all know

Who shines white light and wants to show

How everything still turns to gold.

And if you listen very hard

The tune will come to you at last.

When all are one and one is all

To be a rock and not to roll."

RIP

-Spartan-Sauce,

AMEN,BROTHER,AMEN.

Last edited by a moderator:
he was an innovator and will be missed,

I guess the autographed guitar strap I have from him will be worth a lot (not to be a total jerk). Too bad I will NEVER sell it , because seeing him meant alot to me, and no that he is gone, It will be close to my heart. RIP Les Paul!

There is no denying Les' huge contribution to music and rock 'n roll history. I have a Gibson SG Standard, but his inspiration and innovation has inspired many artists to follow thier dreams and achieve success. RIP Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back