Adam Anderson's Halo 3 Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys and gals, im starting my marine for dragon con and comic con. i want to finish for comic con, and make improvements for dragon con. its the halo 3 marine, with a few custom changes. ive pepped most of the suit, i havent finished the greaves(shins) and i have to redo the shoulder and the boot cover. the boot cover turned out too small, and i accidentally resined it to the cardboard box i was resining on. the shoulder, eventhough was using the supports, warped considerably. so i have to redo that. also the small shoulder extra piece was scredew up when i experimented with casting plastic to pep. tip- resin first to seal the pep so plastic doesnt go through it. i also dont know what type of camo i should get. i dont want to get some really expensive ones, but i want some good ones. so if any one has old ones that they dont wear anymore, you could send me a pm about them. anyway, on to the pics!!

MarineThread026.jpg

MarineThread027.jpg

MarineThread028-1.jpg

this was screwed up by the plastic also- the elbow piece

MarineThread029-1.jpg

gotta redo this

MarineThread030-1.jpg

MarineThread031-1.jpg

MarineThread032.jpg

more to come later, and comment!

Looks pretty good. Some guys just wear a plain bdu (no camo/black/grey) under their suits. If you can find an old army/navy store or any old sporting good store that sell used clothes, you should be able to find a cheap camo jumpsuit. (Also works well for turkey hunting ;) ) BTW: diggin' the xbox360 shirt. Oh, smart idea of labeling your pieces, but you'll have to relabel after resin/bondo. In relation to your resining the piece to the cardboard, I'd suggest taking a dremel drill with a "buzzsaw" attachment and cutting the sucker out. Then do a little bit of work with a sander or file and you're good to go!

Cheers!

yeah i was thinking army surplus store, but the closest one to me is 2 hour drive. so that cant happen. and the labeling the pieces, i feel is kind of necessary because of the smaller pieces. the peice that i resined to the card board was the boot cover that was too small. and i had to redo it anyways. i tried to just pull/rip it off the cardboard, and the piece ripped in half. so i reprinted that piece tonight.

Sweet work.

And maybe ill see you at Dragon-Con.

Dont know if im going, but hope to, an hope i have my recon finished by then.

For the camo i would check adam's photo shoot pictures, so far the camo style i would go with the digital style it really looks awesome i will be following this project along when making mine as well

check army surplus stores or possibly ebay if your lucky , as for your suit so far so good keep it up dude ;)

sorry to double post, but i am asking for a favor.in the gallery, there is not really any good refrences of the halo 3 marine shinand knee cap armor, or the boot cover armor. can somebody please get me a few pics of these areas? i would do it myself, but my halo 3 doesnt play in my 360 anymore for some reason. and the odst marines are different. so if anyone could get mesome pics, i would be greatly thankfull.

Adam Anderson said:
sorry to double post, but i am asking for a favor.in the gallery, there is not really any good refrences of the halo 3 marine shinand knee cap armor, or the boot cover armor. can somebody please get me a few pics of these areas? i would do it myself, but my halo 3 doesnt play in my 360 anymore for some reason. and the odst marines are different. so if anyone could get mesome pics, i would be greatly thankfull.

okidoki i should have some lying around somewhere ill post them when i find them

EDIT*

i found these i dont know if they are extremely helpful but here they are

this is from vrogy's flickr of his kit

3917923451_162ab0818f.jpg

marine concept

H3_Zune_Marine.jpg

H3 screenshot

Halo_3_Marine.jpg

WETA marine

HaloMarine55.jpg

hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Adam. Try downloading the reference pack from the costuming wiki. The location is here. Hope it helps. I found a few of pictures like you requested in there. If you're building the marine, it would definitely be worth having.

mks81 said:
Hey Adam. Try downloading the reference pack from the costuming wiki. The location is here. Hope it helps. I found a few of pictures like you requested in there. If you're building the marine, it would definitely be worth having.

thanks, im downloading now.

GiR3892 said:
okidoki i should have some lying around somewhere ill post them when i find them

EDIT*

i found these i dont know if they are extremely helpful but here they are

this is from vrogy's flickr of his kit

hope this helps

thanks, those helped alot. also, the gogges are scheduled to arrive on the 25(my birthday!)

ok i realize that i havent updated in a while, so here we are. i fully fiberglassed the chest and back, and put 1 appication of bondo on, then sanded it.this weekend was slow for my armor, because of my recent intrest in airsoft. so saturday was spent playing airsoft, and sunday was spent doing homework, and getting a little bit of bondo on my chest and back. my goggles will arive tommorow, and ill update again tommorow with more progress tword total completion.

pics!
chestbondo1.jpg

backbondo3.jpg

backbondo2.jpg

backbondo1.jpg

there we go, not much, but at least i got something done this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back