Add Height & Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

axmaxwell

I've been on this mission for nearly a month now, without access to much of anything to build with. I made a Slice cardboard combat knife with duct tape the other day. My junior enlisted like to run around and shank each other with it.

Unfortunately I cannot post pictures from a Govt' computer, so bear with me as I explain some costuming brainstorming. Mods/Admin, promise I will follow these up with pictures once I am back in the USA and able to build.

In Halo Mythology, Spartans are tall, muscular, tanks. We nerds, as a general population, are not in the greatest shape, but also not terribly overweight. So to make us appear more like the Spartans we wish to portray, I've devised a plan. Using Evakura, I'm going to build a muscle suit, which will be molded and sculpted to contour to my own build, making me appear much more buff than I am. I've determined the basic setup should include: 2 pectorals, A neck collar, 2 shoulder blades, 2 shoulders, and 2 biceps. Abs really aren't necessary because they will be covered by the torso armor. Now obviously, under a Mjolnir suit, the muscle definition is not going to be extremely noticeable. Worn comfortably, I plan on wearing an Underarmor shirt over the foam muscle, hugging it close to my body.

I still need to address the issue of height. According to Halopedia, John 117 is 6ft10 in armor. I'm only 6ft1, so to gain a few inches, my idea is to fuse a pair of black shoes to a hard wood or plastic base (with traction grooves cut in the bottom) and permanently attach the foot armor to it. This ought to give me 3-5 inches in additional height, helmet and all.

Some other thoughts I've been having are simply promotional and creature comforts for wearing a suit all day at a Con. The first I've seen some posts about, using RFID's. placing RFID's on the chest, back, and wristguards of the suit would give Con-goers a chance to snap the RFID, linking them to the 405th page. Another idea I have is fusing a Casio or Timex solar wrist watch into the inner side of one of the forearms. In the military its common practice for operators to wear the watch on the inside of the wrist so the watch face doesn't get scratched. In the same location, I think it wise to find a way to mount a wallet type device similar to the Iphone wallet case, for storage of business cards or credit cards, ID's, driver's license, et cetera.

I also previously mentioned on the electronics page, but on the Locus, Engineer, Gungnir, Fotus, and other helmets that do not have direct lenses on the outside, I've considered mounting a Peak wireless backup camera from Walmart, the camera being outside and the screen being inside, giving the appearance that the helmet is sealed but giving the wearer external visibility.

That's all I've got for now. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Actually, John is 6'10" out of armor and 7'02" fully kitted up.

I'm 6'06" in real life, about 32" wide across the shoulders and weigh in at about 280lbs. Not in the shape I was in 15 years ago but, not a total slob either. To get the additional height, I added 4.5" of lift to my boots. Between the soles and lifts and my helmet I sand in at 7'00" tall fully kitted.

I created my lifts by using and old pair of tactical boots and using EVA foam plates all glued together. It s a bit spngy, I had to walk around the house in them for a bit to get used to it but, they work fine when I kit up after the practice. Also, very light and easy to wear.

Some of your idea's sound great! Roll with em!

I'm 6'1" 215lbs myself. So, I've got decent proportions and am not short by any means (not 6'6", but taller than average). However, when I wore my suit to the Halo 4 launch, I got a few comments like "I thought you'd be taller." You can only do so much.

The tricky part is to build out your boots to add height without making them look like platform shoes.

I'm 6'2" and 245lbs in shape and still look tiny compared to Master Chief. I like the idea of RFID. But now that everyone has a smartphone you could achieve the same result just by putting a small QR code on the front of your armor somewhere in people could scan it directing them to this site where your build would be.

For me my suit will be built from Halo Reach or halo 4 and on. The Spartans are smaller size and it would be more realistic looking.

http://armorwatcher.com/gamercard/v1/normal/RYNOx666_black_0.png

I'm shorter than these other guys at 5'11", but I pulled off 6'5" in my Reach armor...boots added 4", helmet about 2"...to make a good boot, in my opinion (and experience) build up the heal as much as possible and the toe end as little as possible BEFORE ADDING ARMOR...lol, yes, this does mean you have to learn to walk in heals, but I got a lot of compliments about my boots, you cannot tell they are platformed at all. You can also add another inch (or less) by adding a nice level tread on the bottom of the boot, I plan on doing this with my MC armor...I hope to get at least a solid 6'5" with the MC armor, dont think I can do any better than that...

Here is an older shot of my gear. It shows the boots pretty well. The are a bit built up and slightly large but, they also balance with the bulk of the armor pretty well, I think. Ive never had anyone ask or guess they are lifted.

599237_618719758143726_1504960809_n.jpg

got about a 4" heel going on here...can't even tell
20140206_004921_zpsvr0gdpuk.jpg

Attachments

• 20140206_004921_zpsvr0gdpuk.jpg
    20140206_004921_zpsvr0gdpuk.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 269
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back