Adding Weight To A Closed Pep Ar

Status
Not open for further replies.

psylent777

Hi everyone... I've been working on a few Halloween costumes (both Daft Punk helmets, and a CQB suit) but have run into a problem. It's too cold!

That's right, my plans have been foiled by a cold snap and I've been stopped in my tracks. No resin/bondo work for me until it warms up. So I've decided to take the added to make a few extra pep models in the meantime. I'm going to make an assault rifle, which will be my first attempt at a closed pep model. Everything else I've done, I've been able to reach in and resin/glass etc... But this rifle will be a different experience since there will be no open holes.

Can anyone give me a clue at to how I might go about hardening an assault rifle? Alternately, are there any fellow Canuck 405th members that could hook me up with a molded one?

Thanks

Psylent777

Being a fellow Canadian, I also agree, Canadian weather sometimes sucks for this kind of stuff.

I can't hook you up with a molded Assault Rifle, but I can give you a tutorial on how to make one easily from Cardboard. Rust replace every word "Battle" in "Battle rifle" with "Assault" for "Assault Rifle".

How To Make a Battle Rifle-Tutorial

That should help you out. The Assualt Rifle should be a great first weapon for the method described in the tutorial, and its cheep too.

If you need any more help, let me know.

Cheers!

Yea cold wheathe not good for this stuff. However I have found that if I use a hair dryer to heat it then let it sit for 10 to 15 min. Then heat again if I need to and let it sit for a while again. I've used this method in the dead of winter and reduced drying from days to less than an hour. Hope this is of some help..

Good luck with your build.

P.S. I have bean working on a cnc model of the asault rifel with clips ,will do a topic when its done I'm making them out of foam core perfect for casting aluminum shells out of.

I was doing so well too! Stupid cold fronts coming in and dropping the temperature by 15 degrees overnight!

That blueprint pretty dang awesome... I've got a whole whack of cardboard at home thanks to a recent move...And plus now that I have all of this extra time :eek before next Halloween I can take my time and build something carefully.

Thanks!

psylent777

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Being a fellow Canadian, I also agree, Canadian weather sometimes sucks for this kind of stuff.

I can't hook you up with a molded Assault Rifle, but I can give you a tutorial on how to make one easily from Cardboard. Rust replace every word "Battle" in "Battle rifle" with "Assault" for "Assault Rifle".

How To Make a Battle Rifle-Tutorial

That should help you out. The Assualt Rifle should be a great first weapon for the method described in the tutorial, and its cheep too.

If you need any more help, let me know.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back