Advents Pep Finished Mrk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i did that it would be covered with staples and pieces of skin ripped off when i glued myself to it with super glue. yes, i am the one with glue and glitter stuck to me. still you have more patience than me.

i guess you may have seen my assault rifle topic and that its now on hold until later on next month due to a few reasons.

ok this isn't really an update but it's best to bring this back from necro

I really have to be the luckiest member of the forum at the moment as the glue i used for almost half of this build was bought from Whsmiths and thankfully holds up to resin (because of this it saves me hours of time reinforcing the glue stops and a roll of electical tape)

ok my first update for a bit but just resined most of the outside of my helm how long till i should be abble to go for a second coat
i used 30ml resin with 7cm of hardener

Share some more pictures of the progress! Would be great to see your process using drywall tape and whatnot. And for fiberglass cloth I know the Home Depot in my town had it. 9sq ft for <$7, I think the price was the same on fiberglass mat as well. All else fails contact me or someone else to ship you some if you want to use it.

ok here is a proper update as i have now finished resining the outside of the helm
nxt step is a layer of primer
and then a final coat of resin
then i still have to fibreglass the inside
then layer of drywall tape
finally will be a layer of drywall tape which will be resined

enough talking from me heres some pics
med_gallery_9360_919_2942267.jpg

med_gallery_9360_919_3021125.jpg

med_gallery_9360_919_3215214.jpg

med_gallery_9360_919_2239117.jpg

the helm was completely resined today thx to a welsh person and a squirel

I think you've got your order wrong...
You should put resin on the inside next, then fiberglass the inside, then 2nd coat of resin on the inside and outside, then prime, then sand, then bondo, then sand, then bondo, then sand, until your hands are bleeding spot putty

EDIT: wait...what's with the drywall tape? much easier the way i stated

mc hammer time said:
I think you've got your order wrong...
You should put resin on the inside next, then fiberglass the inside, then 2nd coat of resin on the inside and outside, then prime, then sand, then bondo, then sand, then bondo, then sand, until your hands are bleeding spot putty

EDIT: wait...what's with the drywall tape? much easier the way i stated

im using drywall tape to reinforce the inside as in the uk i can only get my hands on fibreglass tissue

Last edited by a moderator:
well got really annoyed with fibreglassing (FG tissue is rap with a capital C in front)
so what ive done is cut out the visor
two reasons for that
1 i get better manoverability when sticking in the FG
2 my brother is going to a motorbike show on the weekend and im going to give him the visor so he can get the right visor for the helm
and thats the basics of this update
med_gallery_9360_919_3030006.jpg

as i can see i only really have two ppl following my progress
(i guess the mrk v isn't very popular (even though this is were halo all began :cry: ) but this is for those who are interested)
thx a lot :not worthy:

It looks really good so far Advent!

I'm not sure, but maybe not alot of people post because we have all seen this before... a pepped helmet. One of the reasons why I haven't posted much, until I get to the detailing stage. I could be wrong tho.

But it looks great, and it maybe better than the helmet I'm working on now. Keep it up! :)

pooper said:
It looks really good so far Advent!

I'm not sure, but maybe not alot of people post because we have all seen this before... a pepped helmet. One of the reasons why I haven't posted much, until I get to the detailing stage. I could be wrong tho.

But it looks great, and it maybe better than the helmet I'm working on now. Keep it up! :)

i know it's just you see that everyone is making EOD's and busas lately and they all have ppl posting in them lots when there only just finished peping (im feeling a little jealous

Looks really good Advent!

I have not posted due to not having anything new to contribute, but have been busy trying a Rogue Pep

Just wanted to let you know anothe person is interested in your progress.

BenUnit2000 said:
Looks really good Advent!

I have not posted due to not having anything new to contribute, but have been busy trying a Rogue Pep

Just wanted to let you know anothe person is interested in your progress.

Well i'm also intrested in his progress. Maybe due I made the model and cant wait how he finishes it :p but thats just me xD
Hope it'll be epic, looks very good already.

I have been watching. Don't be discouraged, hardly anyone followed or commented on both of the Mark Vs I made.

looking good, i suggest you make template for some of the top detail and use some of sigma's and moz's methods

well not much of an update but i have found that with the fibreglass tissue if you place it into the resin then turn it over so that it is soaked it works a hell of a lot better

yeah ive almost finished half of the bottom of the helm more to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back