Props Advice would greatly help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaperLove

Hey guys new to this website and sort of new to pepakura building and so before I attempt to make the armor of my dreams XD
I wanted to do the weapons first to get the hang of it and move on from there so I was wondering if any of you had any advice on how to go about that like

1. is there certain materials I would need
  2. in the process of making it do I also need to fill it with something inside so it wont get squished as easily
  3. or anything else you guys can think of that would help

Dirtdives can probably help more than I can, but lets see...

The materials you need are EVA floor-mats and thinner craft foam sheets, just grab a bunc of different thicknesses for details.

No, you do not need to fill it in, if you plan on using EVA floor-mats; EVA foam is layered for props, so that shouldn't be necessary.

Keep your razor blades sharp, this is very important! :D

Have fun, and best of luck!

I agree, Dirtdives makes amazing foam board weapons.

Depending on the material that you choose, you may want to have something like a dowel running the length of the weapon to give it some stability.

Depending on the material that you choose, you may want to have something like a dowel running the length of the weapon to give it some stability.

An alternative to using dowels, PVC pipe can also be used. It can also be used as the barrel of whatever firearm you are building. For example of you are to build the ODST SMG, make the pipe longer than the body of the weapon. Wrap some 1/2 foam around it and voila. You have built the suppresor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back