Age discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm not anti young member, I'm anti-easy-join, anti-liability, and pro-notary. Your parade concept wasn't explained.

Like I said to you on the phone, I've never been anti-kid, as expressed in my many contributions to the subject in here and elsewhere, coupled with the legal research I've been doing into it.

As I mentioned several pages back, I think it's entirely possible to suggest that perhaps young members should be excluded from events, but permitted to join us for other stuff, as long as there is parental consent that's notary signed. Then, at events, their parent's attendance actual presence would be required, in order to participate.

Resin work and stuff might require a parent too.

What I suggested was that they wouldn't be missing a thing no matter how ridiculously low their age was, as long as they didn't hold positions, and didn't participate in events without a parent.

In fact, that's also PART of what drove my "entry-level costume" concepts in order to find something that would allow the parents to be in-costumes easily without demanding they be in "more demanding" costumes. ie- A basic Marine costume means they can march alongside us and within our ranks, merely by getting the right clothes.

A Tshirt alone doesn't cut it for a parade, so as youmentioned, it wouldn't work. Considering how easy it could be to get them into character, it hardly seems worth not doing it. Should we look to the japanese for what Bungie over there decided was acceptable for the halo 3 release? It was white/black camo with berets, and that's it.. 4 or 5 folks in camo, flanking a master chief costume. No patches except for one breast pocket UNSC strip. I don't see how we should do any less than that, and plenty of ways to be more accurate without even really trying.

gamerguy55 said:
If you (The 9) feel like you can, or want to, make it so kids could join I think that would be great. There is a lot of talent here, both over and under 18. I was trying to present an idea that would make it easier for you (The 9) to piece something together about the age before D-Con. I would love to go to D-Con, I don't know how many under 18 people would be able to attend though.

That leeds me to my other point A con is open to the peps that pay to get it. Johnny-Kid 17 years old go to the con in his supper cool MC armor. He con not join the March, Can not join the Booth. I think he could have pizza in the mall with us. He can get info and stand around and get pic of hem with us and that is that it is all about any way!

Holy M.C. I just figured the hole thing out. If it is public there is not a thing stopping you from being in kit. Just not setting a the booth and Marching. :D

Well my work is dun.

I will now end the War in the sand pit...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back