Agent maine/the meta. It's not perfect, but this is my 1st ever halo build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, this is my 1ST halo build ever, so please, don't be too harsh. I know it kind of sucks, but I'm new. So with that said, any and all comments, criticisms, and remarks are welcome and encouraged.
20170225_151108.jpg

Oh, believe me, we all started out like this. :D
my first helmet was a foam master chief, and boy it looked wonky.
I'd suggest doing a few more parts (not helmets, something easy like armor) and use those test armor pieces. on your tests, experiment as much as possible, meaning that you try as many different and unique techniques. afterwards, give another build a try. who knows, you might surprise yourself. :)

Oh, believe me, we all started out like this. :D
my first helmet was a foam master chief, and boy it looked wonky.
I'd suggest doing a few more parts (not helmets, something easy like armor) and use those test armor pieces. on your tests, experiment as much as possible, meaning that you try as many different and unique techniques. afterwards, give another build a try. who knows, you might surprise yourself. :)
Thanks. I'm going to finish this one though. And then later on try some new things. All that's left on this build is the rest of the armor and the weapon. Thanks KS for the kind words though. Means alot. Also, would you recommend doing the rest of the armor and then trying the helmet again?

Last edited:
Like anything you do, practice makes perfect. I myself have not made any Halo armour yet. But I am working on my 5 fifth build now. I started off with builds that were relatively simple and didn't need a lot of tools. Then each following build made them a little more complicated. It's a good idea to complete your helmet and use it to experiment on. Good luck on the rest or your armour.

Like anything you do, practice makes perfect. I myself have not made any Halo armour yet. But I am working on my 5 fifth build now. I started off with builds that were relatively simple and didn't need a lot of tools. Then each following build made them a little more complicated. It's a good idea to complete your helmet and use it to experiment on. Good luck on the rest or your armour.

My 1st cosplay in general was actually big daddy Lancer from bioshock 2s Minervas den dlc. And it was a big hit at planet comic con. I don't compete, you can kind of see why haha, but I'm going to finish the rest of this armor and wear it at planethe comic con in kansas city in April. Hopefully. Also, would you recommend doing the rest of the armor and then coming back and trying the helmet again?

Last edited:
puffdaddy1513
My first attempt at pep was a halo 3 hayabusa helmet. I was way way way over my head but i loved it and didnt give up. I failed, crashed and burned, got run over by the short bus. I had never even heard of pepakura but some how stumbled onto the 405th first thread i read. first file i downloaded, funny how one remembers stuff like that, stuff that changes you i guess. Lol. What a beautiful mess i got myself in.

Start with something small. Way back then, Adam would recommend to start with boots and then work your way up. Getting practice along the way to the center pieces of your build , the chest and helmet. Also i highly recommend you start with the halo reach jfo helmet. Why you say... it is the easiest helmet to get practice with and plus i think it looks snazy. Well i think that about every reach armor.

Last edited:
puffdaddy1513
My first attempt at pep was a halo 3 hayabusa helmet. I was way way way over my head but i loved it and didnt give up. I failed, crashed and burned, got run over by the short bus. I had never even heard of pepakura but some how stumbled onto the 405th first thread i read. first file i downloaded, funny how one remembers stuff like that, stuff that changes you i guess. Lol. What a beautiful mess i got myself in.

Start with something small. Way back then, Adam would recommend to start with boots and then work your way up. Getting practice along the way to the center pieces of your build , the chest and helmet. Also i highly recommend you start with the halo reach jfo helmet. Why you say... it is the easiest helmet to get practice with and plus i think it looks snazy. Well i think that about every reach armor.
Taking your advice here. I'm gonna start with the mkIV boots. And work my way up and in toward the chest and helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back