Props Airsoft Assult Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked for a Scaled Picture ref, so I made another.

I positioned the AR in the first picture a little lower than I wanted to. But you get the same Idea.

You can make another if you want using the 2nd picture.

scale2-1.jpg

anotherscale.jpg

Ender007 said:
It would be hard if you're trying to fit an AEG (electric) gearbox into it. The standard Ver.2 and Ver.3 gearbox used in M4's and AUG's is at least 6 inches long, might be a bit longer. Then you got the add the magazine in front of that, an extra 2.5 inches. I tried thinking how I would make an airsoft battle rifle using the common and special gearbox versions and non of them would really fit. Most would be too long requiring you to extend the stock, which would mess with how far out you hold the gun.

If you got some dimensions of your rifle (specifically for the stock) I can see if there's any gearboxes out there that may fit. You might be able to squeeze a small, lower powered gearbox from an automatic electric pistol (AEP), or the slightly large, but still small MP7 gearbox.

Cool, another knowledgable airsofter. Also if he could find one, a cm030(You know, the CYMA AEP glock that got discountinued but you can still find at a lot of places)gearbox might work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks it was me that asked. To be honest your never going to be able to make it 100% accurate. It will either be longer than it should or the magazine will be in the wrong place. There is simple not enough space for a gearbox behinde the mag.

However if you do want extreme accuracy then i'd say look on an airsoft forum such as Arnies Airsoft on how to make a BB hopper which id suggest you house inside the top half, where the ammo counter sits. Then have a faux removable magaine.

Or possibly use an AEP and have the magazine housed in the pistol grip.

I ask because I have an airsoft F2000 and was considering something like this if my M6 SOCOM turned out well. The F200 would be your best bet.

Upon looking further you may be able to use a P90. and have the long mags inside the ammo counter section although again this would probably make the gun slightly wider at the top. Although then you would have to devise a trigger mechanism.

Where abouts do you live? Id suggest going into an Airsoft shop and handelling various bullpup airsoft guns and maye take you model with to see which would be the best fit.

You don't HAVE to use an existing rifle. You could try and combine different guns to get your result.

- The magazine in the AR uses a 7.62 x 51 mm cartridge, the same one in the M14 and the SR-25. SR-25 magazines look similar to the AR magazines so those would be your best bet. You have to make a magazine catch fit or make your own.

- Inner barrel lengths will vary, so you will just have to see what looks long enough. You can use PVC piping to give it support. The hop up unit could be anything, just experiment.

- As for the gearbox, just make a hinged butt plate to insert it and see if an AUG/L85/P90 gearbox will fit the spacing requirements. The only other problem you find is the trigger assembly. You are going to have to experiment with that.

- Battery could go anywhere. In the foregrip, near the ammo counter, even the pistol grip. You just have to route the wires that direction where ever you choose.

- If you want a working ammo counter, look into the M41A Pulse rifle. It is a weapon from the 1985 movie "Aliens", but it featured an ammo counter on the side of the rifle. You might have to tweak the design, but you could get it to work.

I have too much time to spare in my life so I think about things like this. I have always wanted to do this, but never got around to getting the parts.

EDIT: The FAMAS is a bad choice because it uses a Version 1 gearbox, one of the rarest gearboxes ever. Parts are going to be hard to find if you need to replace them, and believe me, you will need to replace them. The F2000 might be okay. You will have to relocate the battery from the end of the stock, but it could work some body modification. The F2000 uses a modified Version 2 gearbox, one of the most popular gearboxes making parts readily available. The key word is "modified", so not all parts will work, but a good number will.

ok now useing parts from different guns many sound easy to you air soft experts and craftsmen, but to the noob like me it sounds pretty hard. when i start on my air soft AR im going to use the FAMAS i mentioned earlier. its not the same as the one you made an overlay of earlier and mags can be cut down if there plastic because most low cap mag just go down and make a big U to the top of the mag.

Sure, you can cut the mag down... but whether or not you'll retain functionality

is another question.

If you're using an AR base, there are the VN style short mage that might be

useable and won't hang down as far as a "standard 30 round" size magazine will.

you can probably fit a v3 gearbox with an upside down ak style hopup with a gravity fed hopper hidden in front of the lcd screen

p90 guts work great, im going to do it after nebraskon when i have time with my old wells p90. you just have to mod the mag a bit but the battery fits behing the mag in the ar and then the gear box by the grip if i remember right. ill post pixs later

you could also use a p90 with a box mag/m4 converter if your ar is wide enough. instant right sized mags for those small p90 guts

The problem with the P90/AR converter IS the fact it really increases the width of the rifle then.

Good suggestion though.

sorry but no i lost a few small key parts while attaching the parts to my ar shell.( the trigger, the thing that the trigger pulls that makes the gun fire, and the charging wire for the battery pack got chewed up by my dog.) gotta buy a new airsoft gun

i got me acouple full auto pistols for the smg, and the auto mag. ill post pics of what ive got when i get my camera back.( my mom needed it for a party she went too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back