Props Airsoft Master Chief Mask - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylow

Jr Member
Yes the day has finally come when the airsoft industry has dipped into the world of Halo. They have come out with what looks like a mold of the legendary edition helmet made by someone named Rlux Cutsom. It only comes in size small for now but they claim larger sizes are on the way. Some people may be excited about this but personally i don't know how to feel. To me it seems like something someone who doesn't want to take the time to create their own personal helmet can just buy and slap in a new visor, but again maybe that is a route some people would rather take. Either way it still isn't cheap coming in at 120 dollars. What do you guys think about this ?

mask-rlux-mc-2.jpg

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_152&products_id=37444

You need to remember it is made for Air Soft. so it uses a different type of plastic thats a little rubbery. And its not completely inaccurate + it cant be 100% accurate other wise they would be facing a law suit ( for selling them that is) unless the got the approval for the current owner of it which happens to be the 343 industry and Microsoft. I personally would like to use that for air soft then risking damaging my personal helmet. Plus its BUILT FOR AIR SOFT. My helmet is not.

My thoughts on this:

1) Is it really "Made for Air Soft?" The item description states "It is made by one of Evike's fans."
2) Its made of resin/fiberglass. Again as stated in the decription: Rubber coated interior to avoid "fiberglass smell".
3) "Designed for target shooting practice of Airsoft guns only."
4) "This mask alone is not "full sealed" and cannot be used for games with bio bb, Paintball or on paintball fields"
5) The testing states "Factory tested to withstand 500+FPS BBs at Point Blank Range" - Is this only tested on the mesh, or all parts of the helm?

If you check out www.rluxcustom.com Its $20.00 cheaper and they have a red and blue helms available too.

:)

If you think about it people buy rubies helmets and slap in new visors too. I actually have an Elliot Salem airsoft mask too. The mesh is not that easy to get out.

If you think about it people buy rubies helmets and slap in new visors too. I actually have an Elliot Salem airsoft mask too. The mesh is not that easy to get out.

LOL.. I did that with my Rubies helm. Swapped out the plastic visor and put in a real gold tinted motorcycle visor. Looks way better! :)

This looks like a Cactus make, rebranded into a Matrix. Yes, the whole thing can withstand bbs, and to address the safety concerns, you should be wearing shooters glasses or anything ANZI rated underneath it. They are made in a very similar fashion as the resin/pep builds here, but are usually a fiberglass casting of a master. The motorcycle visor in a solid fiberglass/Rondo built helmet should be more than enough to withstand shots from an airsoft gun, but I wouldn't want to be the one to test that theory.

As for the trades, this is where the airsoft industry hits a grey area. Some manufactures, due to being based out of China/S.Korea/Taiwan/Asiatic coast, do not attain trademarks, (Classic Army, Army Armament, CYMA, etc.) and ship unmark/trademarked A.S. guns to the US. Most of the time without issue due to airsoft being pretty under the radar for that sort of thing, or so it seems.

Edit: It's basically this but full head sealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back