Airsoft ODST SMG and Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renac

Hi Folks!

I'm a first time poster to this, but I've been building props for a while now. I have plans to start a build a airsoft version of the ODST's SMG and M6C. I've got the basic guns for the build, as well as most of what I need for the rest of it. Pictures to be added as they're taken (and as I figure out how to add pictures to this).

These are for my great ODST armour, curtousy of Mr. Bradley

So, moving ahead, here's a picture of the base gun;

2q3632t.jpg

I picked the H&K MP7, as it has a folding stock up front and a telescoping shoulder stock already.

First thing to do was remove the shoulder stock. Well the actual first thing was to get it across the border, and then make sure it worked. But then it was on to build. I bought a resin stock from a member here (and I highly recommend them), and had to fit it to the rails of the gun. The stock is a little larger then the rails, but this is only a problem if it's retracted all the way. I attached the rails at the back of the stock, partly for strength, partly for sizing purposes.

funet.jpg

After that I put some auto filler in the groove I bored out to help make it smooth again.

30xel9s.jpg

I also filled the inside with a bondo/resin mixture to help add some strength to the resin, as well as make sure the screws wouldn't come out.

2jcgeww.jpg

Next I'll make sure the folding stock has a 45 degree stop, fit a suppressor, and start on the reflex sight.

Is that airsoft MP7 the Umarex H&K? I really wish they would make an electric version. I do not like gas stuff at all. Shoots way too hot most of the time and the gas is finicky with temperature.

The stock looks real good...
My only critique is you could have been neater with the Rondo, but honestly sanding will take care of that no prob.
keep it up!

Yep, Fully Electric. The front end comes off, to tighten the barrel, or replace the battery pack. It's good, shoots about 700-800 RPM. Accuracy is alright too, excellent for CQC and fair for farther shooting. But a sniper rifle this isn't.

your the first person Ive seen that has said there gonna do this and are actually doing it
,good job bro.

welcome to the 405th have a nice stay

sonic

yea this is something i have tossed around once but i never got around to actually doing it so good luck and if it all goes well tell me cuz you will have a jeousr Scar405 on your tail wanting the info step by step on how to do it mainly cuz i fail at doing things via inspiration but when i get a hold of some instructions then i can get cooking lol

I'll definitely be watching this thread. I plan on building a set of Marine armour from the original Combat Evolved and i want to make a weapon that actually works rather than just a piece of foam.

I'd love to be able to provide kits, or custom weapons, but it's quite the pain in the ass to get the basic guns across the border.

So, continuing on. He are the new iron sights and resin reflex sight. The blue is just a bit of cheap two part epoxy to smooth out some imperfections and help strengthen the arch.

1695aw9.jpg

Here's a close up of the sight. I would have liked to take a piece of curved plastic to actually make a light up point, but I'm really a stickler for getting the exact type of red 'dot' right. Since it can come off, I can always do it later.

25z2c0h.jpg

Here we see them mounted. The sight is mounted on both by the iron sights connecting bar and a hex screw down the top into the gun's top rail. You can also see that I've dismounted the side rails to help keep the look 'sleek'. If, later, I want to mount the side clip as a cosmetic piece, I could probably affix it, or something for it to click into, to those spots.

Next will be the suppressor, and flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back