Soft Parts Airsoft Peeps, I Need Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay airsoft soldiers, I have a task for you... Locate the following items for me at a reasonable price and I'll hook you up with some freebees... ACU is a must for my ODST custom suit...

First: This will work.

Over priced eBay Auction

AS1026.jpg

OR

Second: Note this is what I REALLY want...

Another overpriced eBay Auction

!BPSHr4Q!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DQEjlLlu3hQBJy5hR)C!Q~~_35.JPG

The asking prices are okay, and I'll pay those, but the shipping is WAY too much... Help me out and I'll set you up with some really nice items...

Hey, I'll do some looking around at the stores on base, and see if they have what you need, I'm working on ODST too, but I'm having trouble with finding a way to make a visor, if you could help me in return that'd be great.

i know this is a paintball vest, but im using a black one for my ODST armor, and i currently own one in traditional camo, its very comfortable and i think it would work well, the shoulder straps are also close to the ODST's

%21BTU%29gf%21%21mk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl1JwPBKHywyW6vg%7E%7E_35.JPG
The Auction

It's highly unlikely you'll be able to find a low price replica of the vest you linked or of the body armor. The price seems to go from $75-$100, and at those prices you can buy a surplus version of the body armor.

The vest itself is only available as an airsoft replica, but it seems to still be the same price.

The lower priced ones you see on a lot of airsoft stores will have the same issue with shipping as the majority of the major airsoft retailers are located overseas.

For the shoulder pads, I recommend looking at "MOLLE II" style ruck pack straps. They are thickly padded and I feel they replicate the look of the ODST shoulders a bit better than the ALICE pack straps.

Here's a woodland set for reference:

M10009000250.jpg

Edit: I also just picked up two woodland straps if you want me to get more pictures for you to take a closer look at. Just let me know before I have to leave Friday.

But there are ACU pattern ones, and they are generally on the cheap side.

Here's an ebay link to some.

Ebay Link to MOLLE II Straps

Your cheapest bet might be to combine those with one of the lower priced vests, such as a few of the ones linked to by Spawn Camp3r.

Hope some of those ideas help. As I mentioned earlier, $75 is generally considered a decent price for one of the fancier vests, replica or real, so if you have your heart set on one of those you originally linked, you might have to settle for that price from what I've seen from my years of being a gearqueerhead.

okay man. can do. i think i know quite a few sites that can help you out. first off,

gloves:

c6f5_10.JPG
These gloves can be found here. price = free!

----------------------

we are currently investigating this, ill tell u if it works, check this thread)

vest:

acu-tactical-vest-f.jpg
you can get this puppy here. price = 40 bucks.

ACU:

31NMNU7E1rL._SL250_.jpg
i found a top and bottom, here and here. price = 30 bucks each.

ACU 2:

29360L.jpg
if you want a cheaper alternative, i suggest an ACU flight suit, from here. price = 35 bucks.

Body Armor:

vt_33_acu_1_mark.jpg
here ya go man! found one just like it here! price = 35 bucks, but there is a catch. this particular place is in Hong Kong. 35 dollar shipping so you would at least save some money. total price = 70 bucks.

------------------------

While i failed to find any OTV Tactical Vest Replicas that weren't made in China (sold from to be specific), i did find a cheaper alternative that you could use. This would be like an extension to another vest to give it that OTV look you wanted.

Body Armor 2:

28547L.jpg
this ACU MOLLE X Harness can be bought here. price - 37 bucks.

Through my late night/ super early morning searches I found many, many, many other interesting tactical gear finds at the following websites, just check their tactical gear sections, and you definitely find good gear at a great price. so, you should be good! any other questions? :cool.

Do you really need an interceptor vest?

Also, not trying t sound big headed, but this pattern is actually called UCP (universal camouflage pattern. ACU stands for Army combat uniform which is currently in UCP.

The problem with you buying the cheap stuff listed above is that its not going to last, and will probably not take the weight of armor mounted on it. I once did a test with a replica CIRAS and put real ESAPI plates in it, and it couldnt take the weight of that for example. Personally, Id get something from ebaybanned.com. Its cheap, but its the only cheap stuff that has half a chance of not falling apart, and some of it is in UCP.

I am also talking to a friend who works in logistics in the us military to try and find an IOTV or Interceptor for you. What size do you need?

Also, not trying t sound big headed, but this pattern is actually called UCP (universal camouflage pattern. ACU stands for Army combat uniform which is currently in UCP.

Actually I did mean ACU, I know the Pattern is UCP, but What I meant is as my under suit ACU is a most... I have about 8 pairs (jackets and pants) and if I don't use them in some way other than closet filler, the wife wants me to get rid of them... SO ACU is a must. I can actually go Blk, OD green, or UCP. Hope that clears it up a bit. Forgive me I was running on two hours of sleep at that point.

OK guys, I'm checking the web site listed, in the order recieved, comparing prices and shipping, and I will anounce the winner when the item is secured.

WOW, well we have found the exact one I want, the shipping and the items price a pretty good. And the order is going to be placed in a few days. SO, I'll contact the member then to let him or her know who they are. I honestly didn't think this would move along so fast. But I still need other items, and will continue to update THIS thread for more requests. So keep any eye out.

just saying, all the eHobby asia stuff is in Asia, and the shipping is gonna be ridiculous. Ha. But anyway, i decided to look up some more stuff, and here is wat i have found!

Interceptor Look-alike:

241344611_tp.jpg
Found on eBay here. price = 47 dollar Buyout

Interceptor Look-alike 2

Sorry I couldnt post an image of this one for some reason, but while this one lacks the shoulder pads, it does have a padded collar. Can be found on eBay here. price = 42 dollar Buyout

Interceptor / SWAT look alike:

starmystore_sdu_2.jpg
If you can stand not having ACU camo, then this SWAT vest also has that OTV Interceptor look and can be found on eBay here. price = 25 dollar bid atm

High Quality Body Armor:

VE45CP1.jpg
This is a very HIGH quality piece of body armor. since its high quality, its expensive, but hey! it has shoulder pads! haha. Can be found on eBay here. price = 100 bucks

Well, thats all the look alikes and stuff i could find for the Interceptor Vest. your most likely just gonna have to pay the shipping to ship it in from that eBay auction, it doesnt look like anywhere else sells that vest! sorry man, but if you dont want to pay that much, try a look-alike! i might do some more searching later. anyways, have a good one!

Thanks to you guys, I think that I have found the perfect piece for what I was looking for in the topic I made yesterday. The EA Gear OTV Body Armor Replica Molle Vest (Black). It has the protective collar I am looking for, plus the packs are all detachable and it has lots of straps and velcro for securing armor to. The groin-guard is a nice bonus too, since that saves me the trouble of making one. I already have a sperate set of load-bearing suspenders (which will take the bulk of the weight from the armor, the straps on the chest will just keep it in position) so I do not need a vest that includes shoulder straps.

Looks like it will cost me eighty bucks with shipping, but what the hell. PAX is soon, I cannot afford to wait, and frankly this saves me a lot of stress.

[EDIT]: Damn, eHobbyAsia does not seem to accept credit cards, only Paypal. This complicates things a little.

Ehobbyasia.com has hefty shipping prices, usually just as much as the product although the total will come out to be a little cheaper than other sites.. Probally the best place to get that OTV/IBA (2nd picture)

Ciras vests are usually expensive (1st picture)

just look around ebaybanned.com or ehobbyasia.com and you could probally find something cheaper. But why acu?!?!

I have a set of real OTv interceptor body armor. I got mine from y Airsoft field for $100. But I'm in texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back