Alex got banned!?! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES why was he banned he was a good friend and very helpful on the 405th, maybe he got banned for cursing or something :(

Yeah, what the heck just happened? I checked over his recent posts, and there's nothing over the last day that seemed bad. (Unless making fun of bieber, which we all do. lol.)

I smell toruble... Alex Spartan would never break the forum rules!

LOOKS LIKE WE GOT A MYSTERY ON OUR HANDS GANG

yah i went through all of he's recent posts and i think that it was just making fun of bieber, too and like Shade88 said we all do make fun of bieber

apperantly censoring it isn't enough for some of the mods because yah he did always censor pretty much all of it, i went to he's profile and went to he's visitor messages and it has 23magnum saying "strike one and then strike two and get one more strike and your gone" and he also said "even if you censor it, it is still cursing," or something like that :(

mystery_machine.jpg

GREAT JOB GANG, ANOTHER MYSTERY SOLVED.

SEE YOU LATER

Hey guys, it's outlined here in the new cursing and lewd conduct sticky at the top of the discussion page:

"Users have been becoming more bold in ignoring these facts."

I would assume they mean when people are told to back off from cursing, they just omit one or two letters, but it's still cursing nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I can curse up a mean f-bomb storm when I get angry or upset over something, but to see it everywhere in almost every thread, it does get a little old, not to mention we have younger members on this site.

So why don't we all take the mature high ground and just avoid the cursing all together. We will look better as a community if we do.

Considering this is the only major announcement posted right now, yes we are cracking down on it. Of course what I consider to be bad cursing will be different from other people.

http://www.405th.com/announcement.php?f=9

405th has always strived to be a very friendly community. And using some proper restraint with language is a part of that.

Or to quote the Superintendent, Keep it Clean! -Thanks for reminding me Shade88

Well, think about all of those spammers and trolls.... Also I think we should petition for the blogs to be reserved for people with statuses higher then noob, because there have been alot of posts in the blogs consisting of spamming about random things like Reebok and adidas shoes o_O
Those posts have been removed, of course, but still.

He was told along with many others to keep such words out of type long before the first infraction was issued in the thread asking why swearing needed to be censored/forbidden on these forums. The offending posts don't exist because he felt the need to curse at an auto-generated blog post from a spam bot which were deleted. Also, said blogs were deleted because if we don't delete them, everyone continues to report it over and over.

As far as the swearing goes, when you censor one letter out of seven, even a 10 yr old can still tell what word the person is typing. That's why it was still considered swearing regardless of one tiny asterisk.

The two infractions he's now accrued(one warning and one temp-banning) both derived from someone reporting him for those offenses. We encourage everyone to use the report system for such things. That's what it's there for.

Also, yes there's a 3 strike your out policy in effect. If you have read it, you should do so asap. I'm tired of hearing the 405th name dragged through the mud because of immature people that can't hold their tongues or be civil toward one another let alone strangers whose first impressions of this place can lean toward the negative because those same people are giving them rather rude welcoming posts.

Now, this matter is closed. You'll see your friend Alex back here in a week...unless he finds the need to curse on here...again. The same goes for anyone on this site that feels the need to do the same or one of numerous other ways to be rude to new and existing forum-mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back