All My Pepakura Files and 3D Models Have Been Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The files you have done are awesome. You have done so much for the 405thers and many others. I hope everything works out man.

I think that's what I just need to do is set up a website like the propzone.be one and start selling files for $5 a file.

I think that's what I just need to do is set up a website like the propzone.be one and start selling files for $5 a file.

I think that is a great idea, with a fair price like $5 for us that's just enough to put a little extra cash in your pocket. I am for this idea 100%

I think that is a great idea, with a fair price like $5 for us that's just enough to put a little extra cash in your pocket. I am for this idea 100%
There a big difference with what prozone is doing and what Nintendude is proposing. Propzone is selling 3d models that were made from scratch. What Nintendude is going to be selling are gamerips. Unless he intends to sell 3d models that he created himself, this is going to run afoul with copyright rules and the game companies that own them. After all, they actually created the 3d models and I doubt that they will agree with you that selling their models for that price is fair.

I'm sorry to hear that a great artist has been driven this far. I know that all those memebers who have been around a lot longer than me know even better what a loss this is. I can say only from the perspective of an artist that I know how far it must have gotten for you to want to no longer share your talents.

We as a community really need to find a way to help solve this type of problem before it gets to the point that we loose a great artist. Until we do we will continue to loose valuable expertise and skills.

I 100% agree with starvin. I have not been a member long on the 405th, but for as long as i have been you have been a really great and inspiring person nintendude. I understand your choice. Stay Great man :)

There a big difference with what prozone is doing and what Nintendude is proposing. Propzone is selling 3d models that were made from scratch. What Nintendude is going to be selling are gamerips. Unless he intends to sell 3d models that he created himself, this is going to run afoul with copyright rules and the game companies that own them. After all, they actually created the 3d models and I doubt that they will agree with you that selling their models for that price is fair.
Not entirely no 3D Models would be sold and the pepakura file would be in a locked format if it was sold. So 3D models would not be able to be exported as OBJ or anything like that the person would only have a PDO and if a file needs to be rescaled for a person that would be done free. It's sort of like here Bungie could come after us any day for using the likeness of their characters and shut us down anytime they want but that won't happpen I don't think. It's also hard for the game company to know if it's a file of thiers since everything is broken down for the individual armor parts.

Not entirely no 3D Models would be sold and the pepakura file would be in a locked format if it was sold. So 3D models would not be able to be exported as OBJ or anything like that the person would only have a PDO and if a file needs to be rescaled for a person that would be done free. It's sort of like here Bungie could come after us any day for using the likeness of their characters and shut us down anytime they want but that won't happpen I don't think. It's also hard for the game company to know if it's a file of thiers since everything is broken down for the individual armor parts.

You'd be still selling other people's models though......

I don't think. It's also hard for the game company to know if it's a file of thiers since everything is broken down for the individual armor parts.

I wouldn't bet on it, and I dont think its the moraly thing to do. Selling something that isn't yours just doesn't sound good.
It's not a good idea to sell licensed models. However you did put mutch effort and time on it. So wy not just make a donate button from paypal or something?

Just got back from a vacation slash wedding and saw this post. Sorry to here about what you've been pushed to do Nintendude, but I get it. I used to run a ceramics business. Throwing on a wheel is something that takes a huge amount of time to learn and even more time to get good at. People just don't understand the cost of experience now. I hope everything works out for you and if you get a site setup to buy pep files let me know. I appreciate every thing you did and all the advice you post.

Sorry to hear that you were pushed so far, but I understand. Taking advantage of someone thats just tryin to help is one thing that really angers me. If you do decide to start a site like propzone I would totaly be behind that. I have no issues with paying for such fantastic work as yours. Hope every thing ends on a high note and this can be put behind us.

Also please let me know if you do make a site with your items. I would definitely pay for pep files and for commissions as well.

oh man. right now im hoping i wasnt part of this group that has pushed(even though i only sent you one pm), but im probably part of other pains. i have many of your files that i collected before i joined the 405th. i will cherish these files and will not pass them on if this is what you wish. your files will be sorely missed. but it is true that bungie and microsoft could sue every one of our asses for this, but they chose not to becuase we would do this anyway. not sure if selling them is a great idea. that could cuase probs. i mean if they are your models gone pdo, thatd be fine. but if you are sellin game rips, that is gonna be bad. real bad.

I have been looking and reading in this forum for about a week now, and I have seen how much you have contributed to the community. It is people like me who will suffer the most. I have been doing non-stop reading of tutorials and looking at WIPs so much that my eyes are bleeding, I have done this cause my 10 year old wants me to build him a Halo suit for Halloween, and a local comic-con event. There are very few molders that have a high enough skill that I would donate to be given access to their work, but you are one of them. I know you can not charge for the digital art if it is not a new or unique creation, but you can have people donate to things like time and services. If you open a donation site, please keep us informed, if you have a way to re-access you files for a price. I will gladly pay it.

I do have most of my files still, and all I am doing until my new site is up and running is taking donations (which donations recieved will go to a charity cause) to my paypal account at familytreeclimber@yahoo.com and sending the files the person requests to the e-mail address the payment comes from. I cannot make any new pep creations but if it's a past pep creation I can send that. I will not send any game rips, only completed PDO files. If what I post here is against any 405th rule the mods can let me know and I will erase this post.

:cool:coolI do not know exactly what to say. I think I have one or two of you Pepakura files in my database. And I do a know all the hard work that goes into making a file. And I followed a couple of your builds man they were nice. Now which I downloaded more of your work when I had the chance. Thank you again very much :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back